Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,797 Members 51,557 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 only comes into download mode

Tip us?

Gehirnstaub
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy S3 only comes into download mode

Hi there! I sit now beaten four hours (or more ) on a S3 from a friend because he only had the problem that his S3 is not started ( Freeze the Samsung logo). He was eager that I should remove it its unwanted root access. After research I managed the S3 HALF WAY ​​up and running or that the phone started normally. Luckily CWM was installed on the device...
Well , later I have downloaded an original 4.3 Unbranded FW and flashed using Odion . ( Drivers and other stuff was already on it ) So far so good . There were no error messages or anything , but later it failed again at the Samsung screen. Desperately I still have a 4.2.2 FW (?) tries to flash as would go at first, but after about 5 minutes Odion did not load and I thought (?) : ' Hmm, nothing is happening so I just pull the USB cable '
Well, it looks like I repend this now, but do it right !
Now I get when I start the phone this error message:

' firmware upgrade Encountered an issue . please select recovery mode in kies & try again s3 '

Kies doesn't recognizes the S3 , so that falls ever completely gone and when I try to flash another FW ( Odion ) I get these error messages regardless of whether it is one part FW or three part FW...
(YES , Kies is getting away with Task Manager )
Pictures are from gyazo . com
229f1e68b9a51f3e2ea7b95b965aabda.png
990b65923175282c4fe64ef51c77b9c9.png
e9c3ecd1c33496209e8a762df058d8ab.png

What I have already tried:
- Flash different FW
- To use other USB ports ( I have all 12)
- To install USB drivers multiple times

Anyone can help?

hierarchy666
Old
(Last edited by hierarchy666; 15th January 2014 at 12:08 AM.)
Thanks Meter 204
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gehirnstaub View Post
Hi there! I sit now beaten four hours (or more ) on a S3 from a friend because he only had the problem that his S3 is not started ( Freeze the Samsung logo). He was eager that I should remove it its unwanted root access. After research I managed the S3 HALF WAY ​​up and running or that the phone started normally. Luckily CWM was installed on the device...
Well , later I have downloaded an original 4.3 Unbranded FW and flashed using Odion . ( Drivers and other stuff was already on it ) So far so good . There were no error messages or anything , but later it failed again at the Samsung screen. Desperately I still have a 4.2.2 FW (?) tries to flash as would go at first, but after about 5 minutes Odion did not load and I thought (?) : ' Hmm, nothing is happening so I just pull the USB cable '
Well, it looks like I repend this now, but do it right !
Now I get when I start the phone this error message:

' firmware upgrade Encountered an issue . please select recovery mode in kies & try again s3 '

Kies doesn't recognizes the S3 , so that falls ever completely gone and when I try to flash another FW ( Odion ) I get these error messages regardless of whether it is one part FW or three part FW...
(YES , Kies is getting away with Task Manager )
Pictures are from gyazo . com
229f1e68b9a51f3e2ea7b95b965aabda.png
990b65923175282c4fe64ef51c77b9c9.png
e9c3ecd1c33496209e8a762df058d8ab.png

What I have already tried:
- Flash different FW
- To use other USB ports ( I have all 12)
- To install USB drivers multiple times

Anyone can help?

Try flashing the latest rom for GT-I9300 International Version(Check if yours is international version) I9300XWUGML4 using odin.

After you installed the ROM from odin. Immediately hit Power + Volume Up + Home Button. Access recovery mode hit Factory Data Reset.