Originally Posted by LowGasPrices
Recently, my s3 has been freezing and the only way to get the phone working again is to take out the battery and restart it.
I know this sounds vague, but there's no other description, sometimes if the screen shuts off and I quickly press the home or lock button, the screen just stays black, no soft key lights, no nothing. When I try and call the phone, it's ringing (as in it's connecting) but the s3 remains dead, not vibrating, no sounds not even a single light.
One of my friends is also having this issue, but not nearly as much as I am, it happens to me at least once a day, and can only be fixed if I take the battery out and restart.
Has anyone else been having this problem? if so, haave you found a solution?
When you remove the battery, doing a soft reset
About what you're saying, it would be important to tell what version of operating system you have on your phone.
We advise you to make a Odin flash the phone with version 4.3 and
The original software can find them in Sammobile.com
---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------
Firmware Update Steps:
- After you run I9300 Odin Flasher check these options: Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F.Reset Time.
- As you Check Re-Partition option that mean you need to select I9300 PIT file into PIT Field.
- Now select the Firmware Files from its extracted folder in this order:
PDA: CODE_I9300xxxxxx_554452_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5
CSC: CSC_Oxx_I9300Oxxxxxx_CL547448_REV00_user_low_noshi p.tar.md5
- At this step you can put the phone into Download Mode:
Press Volume Down button + Power button and after the message appears you have to press Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode of GS3.
- Look at the Odin program's window and if all is OK then you can see the Com number that the phone takes in light blue, If not then make sure that you installed the Samsung USB drivers correctly and try again.
- After the Odin detects your phone you can Click on START button to begin the Update process.
- The Odin flasher will start to check the Files and then will update your phone with the Firmware files that you have selected.
- During this try to not interrupt the operation and wait till the phone rebooted by Odin.
- In case all is OK then you will see PASS! word in Green at Odin program's window.
- Disconnect the GS3 and complete the setup wizard and it is recommended to do Full Reset for the phone with this Code: *2767*3855#.