Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,786,442 Members 40,099 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 freezes until I take out the battery

Tip us?

LowGasPrices
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default S3 freezes until I take out the battery

Hi all,

Recently, my s3 has been freezing and the only way to get the phone working again is to take out the battery and restart it.

I know this sounds vague, but there's no other description, sometimes if the screen shuts off and I quickly press the home or lock button, the screen just stays black, no soft key lights, no nothing. When I try and call the phone, it's ringing (as in it's connecting) but the s3 remains dead, not vibrating, no sounds not even a single light.

One of my friends is also having this issue, but not nearly as much as I am, it happens to me at least once a day, and can only be fixed if I take the battery out and restart.

Has anyone else been having this problem? if so, haave you found a solution?

Thanks
Current Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S III
GT-I9300 Pebble Blue

Previous Phones:

HTC Desire HD - ARHD 6.3.3 + 4EXT 1.0.0.5
iPhone 3Gs - Jailbroken RedSn0w 5.1.1 Tethered
LG Cookie KP500
Motorola Razr V3i
NEC E228

gcceleghg
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by LowGasPrices View Post
Hi all,

Recently, my s3 has been freezing and the only way to get the phone working again is to take out the battery and restart it.

I know this sounds vague, but there's no other description, sometimes if the screen shuts off and I quickly press the home or lock button, the screen just stays black, no soft key lights, no nothing. When I try and call the phone, it's ringing (as in it's connecting) but the s3 remains dead, not vibrating, no sounds not even a single light.

One of my friends is also having this issue, but not nearly as much as I am, it happens to me at least once a day, and can only be fixed if I take the battery out and restart.

Has anyone else been having this problem? if so, haave you found a solution?

Thanks

When you remove the battery, doing a soft reset
About what you're saying, it would be important to tell what version of operating system you have on your phone.
We advise you to make a Odin flash the phone with version 4.3 and
The original software can find them in Sammobile.com

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Firmware Update Steps:
- After you run I9300 Odin Flasher check these options: Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F.Reset Time.
- As you Check Re-Partition option that mean you need to select I9300 PIT file into PIT Field.
- Now select the Firmware Files from its extracted folder in this order:
PDA: CODE_I9300xxxxxx_554452_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5
PHONE: MODEM_I9300xxxxx_REV02_REV04_CL1145430.tar.md5
CSC: CSC_Oxx_I9300Oxxxxxx_CL547448_REV00_user_low_noshi p.tar.md5

- At this step you can put the phone into Download Mode:
Press Volume Down button + Power button and after the message appears you have to press Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode of GS3.
- Look at the Odin program's window and if all is OK then you can see the Com number that the phone takes in light blue, If not then make sure that you installed the Samsung USB drivers correctly and try again.
- After the Odin detects your phone you can Click on START button to begin the Update process.
- The Odin flasher will start to check the Files and then will update your phone with the Firmware files that you have selected.
- During this try to not interrupt the operation and wait till the phone rebooted by Odin.
- In case all is OK then you will see PASS! word in Green at Odin program's window.
- Disconnect the GS3 and complete the setup wizard and it is recommended to do Full Reset for the phone with this Code: *2767*3855#.

revilionz
Old
Thanks Meter 2
The same thing happened last time to me & my dad's note 1, we thought the battery was the problem but after changing it was still the same. In the end we flash custom rom and it went away

Andr3y29
Old
Thanks Meter 151
From how it sounds, I think that you undervolted too much in the kernel Settings app. Try to reduce a little the undervolt.
PHONE: Samsung Galaxy S3 Garnet Red 16GB (GT-I9300)
ROM : L-DROID 2.2.0
By SeniorLimpio
KERNEL: Stock for now
SD: 32GB SanDisk
BATTERY: Stock 2100mAh/ Extended 4800mAh

LowGasPrices
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by gcceleghg View Post
When you remove the battery, doing a soft reset
About what you're saying, it would be important to tell what version of operating system you have on your phone.
We advise you to make a Odin flash the phone with version 4.3 and
The original software can find them in Sammobile.com

---------- Post added at 02:36 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:29 PM ----------

Firmware Update Steps:
- After you run I9300 Odin Flasher check these options: Auto Reboot, Re-Partition, F.Reset Time.
- As you Check Re-Partition option that mean you need to select I9300 PIT file into PIT Field.
- Now select the Firmware Files from its extracted folder in this order:
PDA: CODE_I9300xxxxxx_554452_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.md 5
PHONE: MODEM_I9300xxxxx_REV02_REV04_CL1145430.tar.md5
CSC: CSC_Oxx_I9300Oxxxxxx_CL547448_REV00_user_low_noshi p.tar.md5

- At this step you can put the phone into Download Mode:
Press Volume Down button + Power button and after the message appears you have to press Volume Up button to enter the Download Mode of GS3.
- Look at the Odin program's window and if all is OK then you can see the Com number that the phone takes in light blue, If not then make sure that you installed the Samsung USB drivers correctly and try again.
- After the Odin detects your phone you can Click on START button to begin the Update process.
- The Odin flasher will start to check the Files and then will update your phone with the Firmware files that you have selected.
- During this try to not interrupt the operation and wait till the phone rebooted by Odin.
- In case all is OK then you will see PASS! word in Green at Odin program's window.
- Disconnect the GS3 and complete the setup wizard and it is recommended to do Full Reset for the phone with this Code: *2767*3855#.
It's not rooted, it's stock samsung firmware and release (4.3)
Current Phone:

Samsung Galaxy S III
GT-I9300 Pebble Blue

Previous Phones:

HTC Desire HD - ARHD 6.3.3 + 4EXT 1.0.0.5
iPhone 3Gs - Jailbroken RedSn0w 5.1.1 Tethered
LG Cookie KP500
Motorola Razr V3i
NEC E228