No registration required

[Q] S3 Freezing, Unfortunately X has stopped

OP CoolBreeze83

18th June 2014, 08:16 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

4 posts
Hi guys,

I am having a very frustrating problem with my S3. I had the google.process.gapps stopping randomly for a few days, but that wasn't more than an annoyance. Last night, my battery run out and when I plugged my S3 it in and turned it on, all hell broke loose. Starting with the lock screen I have been getting non-stop "Unfortunately X has stopped" with X being anything from LogsProvider, NfcService, ContextProvider, SysScope and the already mentioned google.process.gapps. As long as I stay on the lock screen I can click these away...eventually. If I try to go into Settings or in the normal screen I get another batch of those messages, but this time the SysScope one, just keeps coming and coming and coming, so that I can't do absolutely anything. I have tried the same in Safe Mode but there wasn't any change.

Please tell me there is something I can do, other than a factory wipe.
18th June 2014, 08:35 AM   |  #2  
Flag Buenos Aires, Argentina
Thanks Meter: 378

777 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolBreeze83

Hi guys,

I am having a very frustrating problem with my S3. I had the google.process.gapps stopping randomly for a few days, but that wasn't more than an annoyance. Last night, my battery run out and when I plugged my S3 it in and turned it on, all hell broke loose. Starting with the lock screen I have been getting non-stop "Unfortunately X has stopped" with X being anything from LogsProvider, NfcService, ContextProvider, SysScope and the already mentioned google.process.gapps. As long as I stay on the lock screen I can click these away...eventually. If I try to go into Settings or in the normal screen I get another batch of those messages, but this time the SysScope one, just keeps coming and coming and coming, so that I can't do absolutely anything. I have tried the same in Safe Mode but there wasn't any change.

Please tell me there is something I can do, other than a factory wipe.

Do a factory wipe.
18th June 2014, 11:14 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 727

3,318 posts
As above, try a wipe first -but letting your battery run out can corrupt a partition. You may need to reflash your firmware.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread