FORUMS

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

Galaxy S6 & Edge get €100 Price Cut—New Models Incoming

Samsung has dropped the price of both the Galaxy S6 and S6 Edge by … more

How To Port Fully Featured Sony Xperia Z4 Camera

Xperia Z4’s hardware may not impress, but its software is definitely … more

Experimental TWRP Available For Moto G 2015

XDA Senior Member squid2 has posted experimental builds of TWRP for the Moto G … more

[Q] S3 GT-I9300 unknown baseband, IMEI null/null, efs folder empty with no backup

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
 
By Nabeel16009, Junior Member on 28th September 2012, 11:12 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi,

I am in big trouble with my new S3 (just bought last week from Dubai). I am willing and i promise to pay anyone 10 EUROS who help me solve this issue and also donate 10 EUROS to this site.

The phone is new, when i inserted sim card, no service. When i checked the phone, BASEBAND UNKNOWN, IMEI NULL/NULL, the efs folder is empty with no backup, so i am stuck with no solutions after 1 week.

Please, anyone can guide me so that i can get the phone back to normal??

Thank you,
Nabeel
 
 
28th September 2012, 11:16 AM |#2  
Arsaw's Avatar
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Flag Kuala Lumpur
Thanks Meter: 5,994
 
Donate to Me
More
We buy a phone and it should work out of box. Send it back to service centre. You have warranty right?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
28th September 2012, 11:17 AM |#3  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 46
 
More
U cant do anything
Take it to sc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
28th September 2012, 11:19 AM |#4  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 269
 
More
Did you buy it from a store or an individual?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
28th September 2012, 11:29 AM |#5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsaw

We buy a phone and it should work out of box. Send it back to service centre. You have warranty right?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app


No warranty

The phone was bought from Cell one from Dubai and i live in Mauritius and i won't be back to Dubai anytime soon (Maybe next year).
28th September 2012, 11:35 AM |#6  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Diaze

U cant do anything
Take it to sc

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

I phoned the only sc in Mauritius and they told me they will have to change the board of the phone and this gonna cost me half the price i bought this phone for (around $300)
28th September 2012, 12:34 PM |#7  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 269
 
More
So you bought the phone and you didn't use it in the country?!

Contact Samsung Dubai and tell them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
28th September 2012, 12:54 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kofiaa

So you bought the phone and you didn't use it in the country?!

Contact Samsung Dubai and tell them.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

Nope, i didn't try it because i trust this shop, my mistake .

I bought over 25 phones for the last 10 years and absolutely no problem, that is why i didn't find the need to check, also i was in Dubai for 1 single day, so i did not use the phone.

Is there no way possible to get this phone back to normal from home, I only have the IMEI info on the back of my phone. Also from the build number i can see the code IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB.

I also have the Kernel version, only baseband is missing under About Device.
28th September 2012, 01:22 PM |#9  
kofiaa's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Accra
Thanks Meter: 269
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel16009

Nope, i didn't try it because i trust this shop, my mistake .

I bought over 25 phones for the last 10 years and absolutely no problem, that is why i didn't find the need to check, also i was in Dubai for 1 single day, so i did not use the phone.

Is there no way possible to get this phone back to normal from home, I only have the IMEI info on the back of my phone. Also from the build number i can see the code IMM76D.I9300XXBLFB.

I also have the Kernel version, only baseband is missing under About Device.

Best thing you can do is try to contact Samsung Dubai, and find out if they can contact the Mauritius office.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
28th September 2012, 03:18 PM |#10  
Beatsleigher's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag County of Osnabrück, Lower Saxony, Germany
Thanks Meter: 568
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nabeel16009

Hi,

I am in big trouble with my new S3 (just bought last week from Dubai). I am willing and i promise to pay anyone 10 EUROS who help me solve this issue and also donate 10 EUROS to this site.

The phone is new, when i inserted sim card, no service. When i checked the phone, BASEBAND UNKNOWN, IMEI NULL/NULL, the efs folder is empty with no backup, so i am stuck with no solutions after 1 week.

Please, anyone can guide me so that i can get the phone back to normal??

Thank you,
Nabeel

Flash a stock ROM, from Sammobile.com, using Odin.. Or just download the BASEBAND, from the XDA website (This)...
28th September 2012, 03:45 PM |#11  
Member
Thanks Meter: 9
 
More
I was like, I search on one site says that can repair all but, I did not try it, you test and say it with me okay
thank
http://www.unlocksamsungonline.com/s...lock-by-cable/
The Following User Says Thank You to itachi naruto For This Useful Post: [ View ]

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes