Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,728,832 Members 50,517 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 Help Needed! Broken ribbon?

Tip us?

arcazle
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation S3 Help Needed! Broken ribbon?

Hi guys, recently my S3 started to play up on me. The screen started to flicker and would only stop when I touched (and held) the screen. From then, things have gone from bad to worse and the phone now features a completely black screen after it is powered on. Therefore I cannot see the startup animation or anything else (including the home screen etc) but can hear the notifications and vibrations.

I can fortunately use CWM as this is not effected at all and the screen works perfectly fine. I have flashed 3 different roms and wiped my whole device since the problem started hoping it was a software problem.

I have additionaly tried:

- Clear the Dalvick Cache
- Clear cache
- Wipe data/factory reset
- Wipe all SD card data (don't ask)

Hopefully someone can help I would really appreciated it. (Not enjoying using the old Symbian phone atm)

Thanks

~DemonLord~
Old
Thanks Meter 45
Make sure you are flashing roms meant for your version of the device.Try changing kernel or flash the latest stock firmware available after a factory reset. This should replace every file on your phone. Any problem would be fixed by this. Secondly what CWM do you use? Is it touch? If so does the touch work? Not likely a panel issue if the display is working in CWM, Can be a digitizer issue causing the screen to act up.