[Q] s3 i9300 battery drain problem due to play services

Search This thread

sunnihith

Jul 1, 2013
battery consumed by google play services is almost half of it..i am really not able to understand what to do. i have searched forums regarding this but i did not understand exactly what to do.my phone became sluggish.its rooted stock firmware running 4.3 android.i am new to this.could any one help me out in resolving this issue.also i saw a solution which says update play services.how to update?

kunal1540

Jun 6, 2013
City of oranges
Samsung Galaxy A52 5G
No I m using it for a very long time and it doesn't affect any functionality for Gmail or play store.
Don't know about Google now.
If you use that just check after you disable a particular service.
Don't disable network location and fused location service they are needed for maps to work.

Press thanx if i helped you in anyway...

Reactions: Sensamic

RazorMC

Feb 12, 2011
SiN CiTY
This would break google services right? So no more sync gmail and such?

Disabling a critical service can have negative impact. I would recommend Greenify donation package for this since it only hibernates the service and it can start when needed. You will need xposed for Greenify's experimental feature to work

~ RazorMC

Sensamic

Jul 27, 2010
I don't know if this is related but I tried that app to disable services and disabled all the services in google play services.

Gmail and others didn't work, so I enabled them again just like it was before, but now I'm getting a "can't sync contacts" problem in the google account sync panel in preferences...

Seems only contacts is having problems when syncing. Everything else syncs perfectly.

What should I do?

I tried deleting my google account and then adding it again, but no luck.

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Use app called disable services from play store.
    And turn off Google services

No I m using it for a very long time and it doesn't affect any functionality for Gmail or play store.
    Don't know about Google now.
    If you use that just check after you disable a particular service.
    Don't disable network location and fused location service they are needed for maps to work.