Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,785,193 Members 36,992 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] s3 i9300 battery drain problem due to play services

Tip us?

sunnihith
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Battery Low [Q] s3 i9300 battery drain problem due to play services

battery consumed by google play services is almost half of it..i am really not able to understand what to do. i have searched forums regarding this but i did not understand exactly what to do.my phone became sluggish.its rooted stock firmware running 4.3 android.i am new to this.could any one help me out in resolving this issue.also i saw a solution which says update play services.how to update?

kunal1540
Old
Thanks Meter 352
Use app called disable services from play store.
And turn off Google services

Press thanx if i helped you in anyway...
The Following User Says Thank You to kunal1540 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Sensamic
Old
Thanks Meter 68
This would break google services right? So no more sync gmail and such?

kunal1540
Old
Thanks Meter 352
No I m using it for a very long time and it doesn't affect any functionality for Gmail or play store.
Don't know about Google now.
If you use that just check after you disable a particular service.
Don't disable network location and fused location service they are needed for maps to work.

Press thanx if i helped you in anyway...
The Following User Says Thank You to kunal1540 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sensamic View Post
This would break google services right? So no more sync gmail and such?
Disabling a critical service can have negative impact. I would recommend Greenify donation package for this since it only hibernates the service and it can start when needed. You will need xposed for Greenify's experimental feature to work

~ RazorMC
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC

Sensamic
Old
Thanks Meter 68
I don't know if this is related but I tried that app to disable services and disabled all the services in google play services.

Gmail and others didn't work, so I enabled them again just like it was before, but now I'm getting a "can't sync contacts" problem in the google account sync panel in preferences...

Seems only contacts is having problems when syncing. Everything else syncs perfectly.

What should I do?

I tried deleting my google account and then adding it again, but no luck.