Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,290 Members 46,470 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S3 I9300 International bricked - Need help

Tip us?

prophotoboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S3 I9300 International bricked - Need help

Hi Guys, I've been going through these forums for days and have tried so many things, but I still can't un-brick this phone, I'm pretty sure its a soft brick, because I can still get into download mode, but if I try to start the phone normally, I just get a white screen now when I enter download mode, it says "downloading do not turn off target" now when I plug it into the pc, odin sees it ok, but I have tried uploading new stock firmware, its my friends phone, and as far as I know its not rooted, now when I tried flashing a new stock firmware, it failed becase of something to do with the partition, so I read through these forums and found a thread about uploading a new pit file, which I did, and that failed as well, so I need hepl please guys, how screwed is this phone?? its an international Galaxy S3 i9300 on O2

Blackstard
Old
Thanks Meter 219
first of all, how did u brick it lol

Enviado desde mi GT-I9300 mediante Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Blackstard For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

mrao
Old
Thanks Meter 21

DONATE TO ME
What pit file and what stock firmware are you trying to flash?

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to mrao For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 690
Go try the rescue firmware (search in general forum) but probable that the emmc is corrupt/damaged. If the rescue firmware won't flash then you'll need a new motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

prophotoboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
right, Blackstard, its my friends phone, and something happened while it was doing a firmware update, not sure what, eith got turned off just got stuck I think, she was probably to impatient to let it finish
Mrao, GT-I9300_mx_20120329 pit file and I9300XXUGND3_I9300H3GGND1_I9300NEUGND1_HOME.tar from sam mobile pit file was from in here I think

prophotoboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Right Boomboomer, I have tried the recovery firmwares, there were two of them and I tried them both, but it just fails at the pit file and says it cant format the partition, is this the end? or is there anything else I can try?

prophotoboy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
This is what comes up in Odin

<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> Enter CS for MD5..
<OSM> Check MD5.. Do not unplug the cable..
<OSM> Please wait..
<OSM> BOOTLOADER_I9300XXEMG4_1314436_REV00_user_low_ship .tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> CODE_I9300XXEMG4_1314436_REV00_user_low_ship.tar.m d5 is valid.
<OSM> MODEM_I9300XXEMG4_1314436_REV00_user_low_ship.tar. md5 is valid.
<OSM> CSC_I9300OXAEMG4_KOR_FACTORY_user_low_ship.tar.md5 is valid.
<OSM> Checking MD5 finished Sucessfully..
<OSM> Leave CS..
<ID:0/005> Odin v.3 engine (ID:5)..
<ID:0/005> File analysis..
<ID:0/005> SetupConnection..
<ID:0/005> Initialzation..
<ID:0/005> Set PIT file..
<ID:0/005> DO NOT TURN OFF TARGET!!
<ID:0/005>
<ID:0/005> Re-Partition operation failed.
<ID:0/005> Added!!
<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 1)

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 690
Sounds like the emmc chip is damaged.

If you can get a z3x box there is a thread which describes how to resurrect a corrupt chip:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-dead-t2647558

But even that won't help a dead emmc chip.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]