Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,579 Members 43,656 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S3 - I9300XXUGML2 - GalaxSim Unlock not working, what to do to have data?

Tip us?
 
rgs88
Old
#1  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Lightbulb [Q] S3 - I9300XXUGML2 - GalaxSim Unlock not working, what to do to have data?

Hello,

I just installed I9300XXUGML2 on my i9300, the problem is that when trying to use GalaxSim unlock it says it is still not supported in this version.

I have the EVR version of the ROM which says it is Everywhere in UK and I am using Giffgaff. I have calls but still no internet even after configuring giffgaff APN options.

In 4.1.2 everything was working correctly, although I know that installing 4.1.2 from 4.3 could create issues.

What do you suggest?
 
tallman43
Old
#2  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs88 View Post
Hello,

I just installed I9300XXUGML2 on my i9300, the problem is that when trying to use GalaxSim unlock it says it is still not supported in this version.

I have the EVR version of the ROM which says it is Everywhere in UK and I am using Giffgaff. I have calls but still no internet even after configuring giffgaff APN options.

In 4.1.2 everything was working correctly, although I know that installing 4.1.2 from 4.3 could create issues.

What do you suggest?
Hi little confused if you are using Giffgaff sim these can only be used in unlocked phones.Why would you need GalaxySim unlock! If you have calls then your phone is unlocked?...

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
 
rgs88
Old
#3  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
Hi little confused if you are using Giffgaff sim these can only be used in unlocked phones.Why would you need GalaxySim unlock! If you have calls then your phone is unlocked?...
Indeed, that is what I do not understand. I have calls but not Internet and I was thinking it was because galaxsim unlock has not be runned.

I placed the APN giffgaff settings in several ways but nothing seems working. I have the H+ symbol on top but just not having internet....

I really dont know what to do.
 
tallman43
Old
#4  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Galaxy Sim doesn't work on new 4.3 update but you don't need it anyway you are unlocked if you weren't you would not be able to make calls.I would suggest trying another 4.3 stock rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
 
rgs88
Old
#5  
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 3
Join Date: Feb 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by tallman43 View Post
Galaxy Sim doesn't work on new 4.3 update but you don't need it anyway you are unlocked if you weren't you would not be able to make calls.I would suggest trying another 4.3 stock rom.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Got it now... Sometimes the most obvious is not evident. I just changed how I paid giffgaff some weeks ago and it did not activate for this month, so I just paid and everything is OK now, thanks for your help.
 
tallman43
Old
#6  
tallman43's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 340
Posts: 1,018
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: The Land of Android
Quote:
Originally Posted by rgs88 View Post
Got it now... Sometimes the most obvious is not evident. I just changed how I paid giffgaff some weeks ago and it did not activate for this month, so I just paid and everything is OK now, thanks for your help.
Lol

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Sony PS4 Remote Play Ported to All Android Devices

Im pretty sure that every informed gamer out there perked their ears up when Sony came out … more

Change Your Samsung Galaxy S2’s Dialer Background in Real Time

As with anything, if youve looked at something long enough, things can … more

Increase Your Multitasking Workflow with C-Floating Windows

Technology has put life on the fast track. Lazy, relaxed days have turned into … more

Compile Your Own Kernel From Source with Comprehensive Tutorial

One glance at any developer section of any device forum on XDA and youll find … more