Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

S3 multitouch issue?

OP Klejdi90

15th February 2014, 04:23 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag UK
Thanks Meter: 32

205 posts
Donate to Me
More
I have a S3 on stock 4.3 when playing Fruit Ninja on the final fruit i use two fingers to swipe faster it sometimes stops detecting the input. I have tried multi-touch test apps and its OK however when doing the same as on fruit ninja swiping with two fingers fast it stops detecting and the touch point stays on even though I remove my fingers. Pressing it again removes the input. what is causing this?
15th February 2014, 11:27 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 365

402 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Klejdi90

I have a S3 on stock 4.3 when playing Fruit Ninja on the final fruit i use two fingers to swipe faster it sometimes stops detecting the input. I have tried multi-touch test apps and its OK however when doing the same as on fruit ninja swiping with two fingers fast it stops detecting and the touch point stays on even though I remove my fingers. Pressing it again removes the input. what is causing this?

Perhaps a buggy version of Fruit Ninja. Try to reinstall the game and see if there's any change. If not- download another game that uses multitouch (such as Music Hero) and do a comparison.
15th February 2014, 08:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag UK

205 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor

Perhaps a buggy version of Fruit Ninja. Try to reinstall the game and see if there's any change. If not- download another game that uses multitouch (such as Music Hero) and do a comparison.

I thought so too but it happens in multi-touch tester app also but only swipping fast with two or more fingers and the input stays on until another touch is detected. I also experienced something weird today.A young one was paying temple run 2 on the phone and left it on the table i unlock it to find a purple/pink screen. I restarted and its fine now. Are these bugs in 4.3? I have got the phone only 2 weeks ago max. It was new out the box. These issues are making me very panicky. Ill give the music hero app a go. Thanks for your reply

Edit:The music Hero app works good but because there is no swipe action it detects all inputs. It detected 10 inputs in the multi-touch app no problem its only when swiping fast it happens i think
Last edited by Klejdi90; 15th February 2014 at 08:49 PM.
15th February 2014, 08:49 PM   |  #4  

402 posts
More
Quote:

I thought so too but it happens in multi-touch tester app also but only swipping fastwith two or more fingers and the input stays on until another touch is detected. I also experienced something weird today.A young one was paying temple run 2on the phone andleft it on the table i unlock it to find a purple/pink screen. I restarted and its fine now. Are these bugs in 4.3? I have got the phone only 2 weeks ago max. It was new out the box. These issues are making me very panicky. Ill give the music hero app a go. Thanks for your reply

Sorry mate, I didn't see this part of the question...
What 4.3 version are you using? Sometimes this bugs are caused from buggy builds.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
15th February 2014, 08:51 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag UK

205 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor

Sorry mate, I didn't see this part of the question...
What 4.3 version are you using? Sometimes this bugs are caused from buggy builds.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Im on completely stock 4.3. It hasn't been rooted or any ROM installed on it.

I attached a screenshot of how the inputs freeze and stay on.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-02-15-03-34-38.png
Views:	12
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2581294  
Last edited by Klejdi90; 15th February 2014 at 08:56 PM.
15th February 2014, 09:07 PM   |  #6  

402 posts
More
Quote:

Im on completely stock 4.3. It hasn't been rooted or any ROM installed on it.

I attached a screenshot of how the inputs freeze and stay on.

Then I suggest doing a factory reset + cache wipe from recovery mode: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eCiNgZklXeA
NOTE- it will delete all of your stored data and apps (but external SD is safe), so make sure to backup everything.

If the problem continues and you've got a warrenty- then you should contact your seller.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread