FORUMS

SuperSU Beta Updates With Minor Fix For Galaxy S6

ChainFire’s root permissions app SuperSU has updated to v.2.49 to fix audits on … more

LG G4 Day Event Coverage: Specs, Features, Design & More!

LG has been teasing us with a countdown for a while now, and today it reached … more

Xposed Modules to Modify Email – XDA Xposed Tuesday

Even though we have Dropbox and other ways to share files, people still want … more

Google Teaches You to Use Wear Gestures

Now that the Watch Urbane is out with the latest firmware, we have new information regarding the … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

S3 randomly freezing.

10th June 2014, 02:14 PM |#1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Hey everyone,
Some problems lately with my S3
Running a custom ROM, has been for the last year or so.
As of the last few weeks the phone will freeze multiple times per day, getting to the stage where it's unusable.
Have tried re flashing the ROM, have tried factory resetting, wiping cache, delvik cache, installing a brand new ROM.
Doesn't even get through the ROM set up without freezing. IE screen is still on, none of the buttons respond.

Is the phone beyond repair? I am honestly out of ideas.

Thanks
 
 
10th June 2014, 02:48 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentykentkent

Hey everyone,
Some problems lately with my S3
Running a custom ROM, has been for the last year or so.
As of the last few weeks the phone will freeze multiple times per day, getting to the stage where it's unusable.
Have tried re flashing the ROM, have tried factory resetting, wiping cache, delvik cache, installing a brand new ROM.
Doesn't even get through the ROM set up without freezing. IE screen is still on, none of the buttons respond.

Is the phone beyond repair? I am honestly out of ideas.

Thanks

Have you tried an updated rom?

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 03:04 PM |#3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Yes sir
10th June 2014, 03:04 PM |#4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by eskorpiao112

Have you tried an updated rom?

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk

Yes sir.
10th June 2014, 03:08 PM |#5  
Senior Member
Flag Coimbra
Thanks Meter: 186
 
More
So it's out of my knowledge. Wait for someone with more knowledge

Enviado do meu GT-I9300 através de Tapatalk
10th June 2014, 03:51 PM |#6  
verny94's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Kladno
Thanks Meter: 74
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kentykentkent

Hey everyone,
Some problems lately with my S3
Running a custom ROM, has been for the last year or so.
As of the last few weeks the phone will freeze multiple times per day, getting to the stage where it's unusable.
Have tried re flashing the ROM, have tried factory resetting, wiping cache, delvik cache, installing a brand new ROM.
Doesn't even get through the ROM set up without freezing. IE screen is still on, none of the buttons respond.

Is the phone beyond repair? I am honestly out of ideas.

Thanks

Did you try mega wipe?? It means full wipe + wipe internal SD with system. After that flash any ROM. Try a good stable rom.
10th June 2014, 11:24 PM |#7  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 7
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by verny94

Did you try mega wipe?? It means full wipe + wipe internal SD with system. After that flash any ROM. Try a good stable rom.

Wipe internal SD? As in repartition it? Is that how I do it?
thanks man
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes