Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,211 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

S3 reboots to a blank screen. Erm... whoops.

Tip us?

Bruise Wayn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Yeah. The stock recovery wipes everything.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
confirmed. coz i tried to flash wif the Philz recovery and what i didnt realise was, the stock recovery overwrote the Philz when i rebooted. And then i wiped everything lol. I didnt know i had to select the "option 2" to prevent the stock recovery from erm, recovering?

Jumaqidi
Old
Thanks Meter 187
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruise Wayn View Post
confirmed. coz i tried to flash wif the Philz recovery and what i didnt realise was, the stock recovery overwrote the Philz when i rebooted. And then i wiped everything lol. I didnt know i had to select the "option 2" to prevent the stock recovery from erm, recovering?
Tats weird. Try using cwm. Cwm does tell me tat the stock recovery might auto reflash when I wanted to reboot system. I just didn't care abt it and reboot but nth happens.

Bruise Wayn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by JellyYogurt View Post
Tats weird. Try using cwm. Cwm does tell me tat the stock recovery might auto reflash when I wanted to reboot system. I just didn't care abt it and reboot but nth happens.

Its working fine now. After i chose the option from preventing stock recovering from overwriting. only had to do that once. and thats it.