FORUMS

OnePlus Addresses Reservation List Cheating

Jake Cooper figured out how to bump his place up on OnePlus’ reservation list and … more

OnePlus 2 Benchmark Scores Show Its Muscle

This video by FoneArena contains all the popular benchmarks being tested on the OnePlus 2, … more

Sony’s Emergence in The Middle: Is The Price Right?

Sony’s Electronics Division is not in its best days, and its smartphone … more

HTC Delivering Ads Straight to Sense Home

HTC’s 2015 has been a year marked by a desperate search for revenue.The HTC One M9 … more

[Q] S3 Stuck on samsung logo after attempted update to 4.3

5 posts
Thanks Meter: 4
 
By herculese911, Junior Member on 19th February 2014, 03:13 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I have an unrooted Samsung S3, i just received yesterday the notification of the jelly bean 4.3 update (originally ran on 4.1.2) so i went for it OTA via wifi, long story short, after download was finished and the phone automatically rebooted itself, it got stuck on samsung logo, i have waited for hours beside it (since i have modest experience about this) and finally nothing happened, so i started researching the issue, i have tried wipe data/factory resetting (didn't work) along with wipe cache partition, and no use, i have tried kies emergency firmware upgrade and initialization, but it can't see the phone in Download mode, i tried flashing the phone with Odin307 but it also cannot see my phone in Download mode, and i have heard that if the phones usb debugging was active, the phone would be seen, but i never used it, my phone was stock all the way, please help me get my phone working again.
The Following User Says Thank You to herculese911 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
 
 
19th February 2014, 03:26 PM |#2  
andrewwright's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag east
Thanks Meter: 3,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Make sure kies is completely shut down and retry. You could also try reinstalling driver's and Odin and different USB lead or different PC/laptop
19th February 2014, 03:47 PM |#3  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
please check in device manager if you can see your device , try reinstalling the device drivers, try different cable or it could be charging port .. Good luck ..
19th February 2014, 03:52 PM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by andrewwright

Make sure kies is completely shut down and retry. You could also try reinstalling driver's and Odin and different USB lead or different PC/laptop

actually i have done all of that, i ran odin while kies was completely shut down (killed all kies from task manager) and downloaded latest drivers from samsung and installed them, tried 3 different wires on 2 different PCS, still my phone cannot be seen inside odin or kies

that is why i'm frustrated

is it possible to use the option "apply update from external storage" from system recovery menu? since my phone cannot be seen by any software, and if possible to use that option, what are the files that i should add to my MicroSD Card? and from where should i download them?
Last edited by herculese911; 19th February 2014 at 04:09 PM.
19th February 2014, 04:16 PM |#5  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 822
 
More
In download mode is the product name blank?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 04:18 PM |#6  
Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by herculese911

actually i have done all of that, i ran odin while kies was completely shut down (killed all kies from task manager) and downloaded latest drivers from samsung and installed them, tried 3 different wires on 2 different PCS, still my phone cannot be seen inside odin or kies

that is why i'm frustrated

is it possible to use the option "apply update from external storage" from system recovery menu? since my phone cannot be seen by any software, and if possible to use that option, what are the files that i should add to my MicroSD Card? and from where should i download them?

i guess problem is in charging port than , try fixing charging port , have you checked if you can see your device in device manager ???
19th February 2014, 04:28 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpanda

i guess problem is in charging port than , try fixing charging port , have you checked if you can see your device in device manager ???

before the update, the charging port worked just fine, the phone was recognized in windows in device manager, and inside KIES, now both of them can't see it, so how could it be faulty?

and for the record guys, i'm not lazy, i never post a thread until i have exhausted all other researching methods
The Following User Says Thank You to herculese911 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
19th February 2014, 04:35 PM |#8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4
 
More
Phone
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

In download mode is the product name blank?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

no its not, showing GT-I9300
19th February 2014, 05:18 PM |#9  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 822
 
More
In that case try a different pc, lead, version of odin. Either your problem is with the pc (most common) or your bootloader is corrupt, which is very unusual and difficult to fix.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
19th February 2014, 07:02 PM |#10  
Member
Thanks Meter: 21
 
More
Try ODIN v1.85. It always worked fine for me, other versions don't.
Here is a compatibility list for what is worth it.
19th February 2014, 07:42 PM |#11  
andrewwright's Avatar
Recognized Themer
Flag east
Thanks Meter: 3,428
 
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brownpanda

please check in device manager if you can see your device , try reinstalling the device drivers, try different cable or it could be charging port .. Good luck ..

Can you get into recovery still??

Read More
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes