Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,615 Members 46,647 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S3 stuck at splash screen

Tip us?

jedathoss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] S3 stuck at splash screen

Was charging my phone yesterday went to unplug and phone stuck at splash screen, pulled battery and left for a while on re-insert splash screen appears straight away. Pulled battery overnight and same thing happened.

Phone has been rooted and has latest (i think) CWM (v6.0.4.7) on it, was running CyanogenMod1! which updated yesterday to latest version (nightly 20140311 i think). I can get into recovery but can't install the rom i have on the phone just get the following messages:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

Does anyone have any idea how if i can get a working rom back onto the phone
Thanks in Advance

pjcarrmole
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by jedathoss View Post
Was charging my phone yesterday went to unplug and phone stuck at splash screen, pulled battery and left for a while on re-insert splash screen appears straight away. Pulled battery overnight and same thing happened.

Phone has been rooted and has latest (i think) CWM (v6.0.4.7) on it, was running CyanogenMod1! which updated yesterday to latest version (nightly 20140311 i think). I can get into recovery but can't install the rom i have on the phone just get the following messages:

E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/command
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_log
E: Can't mount /cache/recovery/last_install
E: Can't open /cache/recovery/last_install

Does anyone have any idea how if i can get a working rom back onto the phone
Thanks in Advance
I had a similar thing when I was changing between 4.3 and 4.4.2 in which my recovery struggled to mount storage after the system was flashed. In the end I had to flash an old version of Philz CWM, or alternatively flash TWRP and mess about with the settings as where it looked for files (something like that) I also found hat only zips on the internal card flashed for a while...

You may have to either:
1) Push the files to the internal card using ADB
2) Try various recoveries with various ROMS till you get on to sit nicely on your system
3) Or as a last option just reflash your phone with a stock rom through ODIN just to get it up and running, before reflashing a recovery and root using CF-AutoRoot and/or ODIN
The Following User Says Thank You to pjcarrmole For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

jedathoss
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by pjcarrmole View Post
I had a similar thing when I was changing between 4.3 and 4.4.2 in which my recovery struggled to mount storage after the system was flashed. In the end I had to flash an old version of Philz CWM, or alternatively flash TWRP and mess about with the settings as where it looked for files (something like that) I also found hat only zips on the internal card flashed for a while...

You may have to either:
1) Push the files to the internal card using ADB
2) Try various recoveries with various ROMS till you get on to sit nicely on your system
3) Or as a last option just reflash your phone with a stock rom through ODIN just to get it up and running, before reflashing a recovery and root using CF-AutoRoot and/or ODIN
Cheers pjc, gives me some idea of where to start. I'd just ogt everything the way i liked it as well, typical isn't it
Tags
cyanogen 11, help & troubleshooting, recovery