[Q] S3 vs S3 neo

24th June 2014, 11:50 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Hi!
What is the difference between those two phones? I saw that the S3 NEO has a weaker cpu but more ram.
But I saw a benchmark and S3 NEO had better scores. Is the S3 NEO a newer model, is it better and would you recommend it over the S3? I had never heard about this model before. Could someone please provide me with some information?
24th June 2014, 12:57 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 187

1,075 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchev

Hi!
What is the difference between those two phones? I saw that the S3 NEO has a weaker cpu but more ram.
But I saw a benchmark and S3 NEO had better scores. Is the S3 NEO a newer model, is it better and would you recommend it over the S3? I had never heard about this model before. Could someone please provide me with some information?

For performance, go for s3 neo cos more ram is more useful then a not tat much higher clock speed. If u wan more developers support, go for the normal s3.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using XDA Free mobile app
24th June 2014, 01:27 PM   |  #3  
New Delhi, India
Thanks Meter: 89

755 posts
More
Even though s3 neo has a little better hardware specs (ram mainly), however you will have to remain with stock ROM with it as there is no/very little community support and it is not expected to grow much, original s3 has awesome ROM choices (in all flavors, optimized stock, cm, omni, slim, miui, others)

You are much better off with galaxy s4 which costs a little more than s3 neo and will have community/samsung support for much longer time. Otherwise if you want cheaper go for LG optimus G or Nexus 4, if you can live with fixed memory storage (no sd card slot)
Last edited by Mafioso; 24th June 2014 at 01:32 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mafioso For This Useful Post: [ View ]
24th June 2014, 01:43 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mafioso

Even though s3 neo has a little better hardware specs (ram mainly), however you will have to remain with stock ROM with it as there is no/very little community support and it is not expected to grow much, original s3 has awesome ROM choices (in all flavors, optimized stock, cm, omni, slim, miui, others)

You are much better off with galaxy s4 which costs a little more than s3 neo and will have community/samsung support for much longer time.

Thank you for your great response. I fully understand now.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread