Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 49,527 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Galaxy S3 (i9300) won't charge

Tip us?
 
mrgnex
Old
#1  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 938
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vlaardingen
Default [Q] Galaxy S3 (i9300) won't charge

So I got this strange problem where my phone stopped charging. I tried diffrent cables, adapters, charging it while being off, charging it via the computer and even tried to adjust the little lip in the micro usb port. Is the charging board dead? If it is, will a replacement be expensive?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
 
Mustakim_456
Old
#2  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Only God Knows my LoCaTiOn. ��
Well dude I think your assumption is right.
It might be the charging circuit only which may be dead.
Because as you told that you have tried diffrent cabels and chargers but still your charging is not working which means that the usb micro port through which we charge and connect our phone to computer is damaged and should be replaced .
There are many possible reason of damaging usb port like you may have drop your phone or by using faulty cabels and chargers or if u have rooted your phone then there is possibility of changing the voltage of current to more than 1000 Mhz etc etc.

You should try to flashed a complete stock rom by downloading from sammobile or directly using kies to update or re-flash your phone

you can try that may it may help you.
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustakim_456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mrgnex
Old
(Last edited by mrgnex; 14th July 2014 at 12:55 PM.)
#3  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 938
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vlaardingen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustakim_456 View Post
Well dude I think your assumption is right.
It might be the charging circuit only which may be dead.
Because as you told that you have tried diffrent cabels and chargers but still your charging is not working which means that the usb micro port through which we charge and connect our phone to computer is damaged and should be replaced .
There are many possible reason of damaging usb port like you may have drop your phone or by using faulty cabels and chargers or if u have rooted your phone then there is possibility of changing the voltage of current to more than 1000 Mhz etc etc.

You should try to flashed a complete stock rom by downloading from sammobile or directly using kies to update or re-flash your phone

you can try that may it may help you.
Nah, it won't turn on because the battery is empty.. I don't have a spare so it seems buying a new board is my only hope..
I saw there are loads of micro usb connectors on ebay. If I solder a new one on. Might that help?
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
 
Mustakim_456
Old
#4  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Only God Knows my LoCaTiOn. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
Nah, it won't turn on because the battery is empty.. I don't have a spare so it seems buying a new board is my only hope..
I saw there are loads of micro usb connectors on ebay. If I solder a new one on. Might that help?
You can try micro usb port which is available on ebay but it would be extremely very dangerous until and unless you know what you are doing.

My suggestion is to give your phone to the samsung care and tell then to repair it.
If your phone is in warranty then they will do it for free. You just need to provide them a copy of bill at the time you purchased s3.

Press THANKS if I helped you
The Following User Says Thank You to Mustakim_456 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
mrgnex
Old
#5  
mrgnex's Avatar
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 268
Posts: 938
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Vlaardingen
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustakim_456 View Post
You can try micro usb port which is available on ebay but it would be extremely very dangerous until and unless you know what you are doing.

My suggestion is to give your phone to the samsung care and tell then to repair it.
If your phone is in warranty then they will do it for free. You just need to provide them a copy of bill at the time you purchased s3.

Press THANKS if I helped you
Yeah it is the charging port. One of the copper strips on the lip is bent. I dont have warranty but ill see what my options are. Thanks anyway for confirming my expectations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
SΛMSUNG/Google Galaxy Nexus
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: A.S.K.P. Patty Remix

SΛMSUNG/Google Nexus 10
ROM: Vanir Nightly
Kernel: Stock Vanir
 
Mustakim_456
Old
#6  
Member
Thanks Meter 19
Posts: 60
Join Date: Jul 2014
Location: Only God Knows my LoCaTiOn. ��
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgnex View Post
Yeah it is the charging port. One of the copper strips on the lip is bent. I dont have warranty but ill see what my options are. Thanks anyway for confirming my expectations.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using XDA Free mobile app
Oh so finally u found the problem.
may be you could go the some repair shop and ask them to fix that bent in your charging port.
No need of thanks dude everyone here is for helping one another only.

Press the THANKS button instead of typing thanks
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes