Samsung Drivelink DEV needed ***BOUNTY REACHED!!!***

Search This thread

ab739

Sep 17, 2014
can anybody help pls...
I installed the apps drive link on my Samsung galaxy note 2 and got an error like this...
Unfortunately, drive link has stopped
My device is:
Model number GT-N7100
Android version 4.4.2
Baseband version N7100XXUFND3
Kernel version 3.0.31-1552758 dpi@swdd5716#1
Build number kot49h.n7100xxufne1

Can you help me with this issue?
my mail: touitou01@gmail.com

cocacoola

Jan 12, 2012
Hi,
Hi, maybe you can help me.
I installed the apps drive link on my Samsung galaxy note 2 and got an error like this...
Unfortunately, drive link has stopped, I tryed to clean cash and etc... but without good result still got the same error.
My device is:
Model number GT-N7100
Android version 4.4.2
Baseband version N7100XXUFND3
Kernel version 3.0.31-1552758 dpi@swdd5716#1
Build number kot49h.n7100xxufne1

Can you help me with this issue?

If you would have read even only the post over your post, you would recognize that it's not working with Android 4.4.2! And posting it again doesn't make it better..

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

---------- Post added at 10:45 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:40 AM ----------

That product list is not worth the pixels with which it is written.. I asked Samsung Germany if they will go on in development of drive link and they told me that at the moment it's not planned. My experience with Samsung is that they just bring features and that then there is no further development anymore. That's what I take is doing Sony much better, they even support their older phones.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9195 mit Tapatalk

XAB2010

Apr 23, 2010
Moscow
I see only one way for 4.4.2!!

I see only one way for 4.4.2!! I'll buy this thing and forget about KITKAT problem!
car-solutions.com/en/smartphone-iphone-car-adapter-gemini-ge-100.php

Attachments

• Smartphone-iPhone-Car-Adapter-Gemini-GE-100.jpg
    Smartphone-iPhone-Car-Adapter-Gemini-GE-100.jpg
    12.7 KB · Views: 671
Last edited:

J@hNnY

Oct 21, 2009
Omsk
Who have fully working drive link on the SGS3, please advice what to do!
I need full mirror for the Alpine x8.

What ROM installed, and sequence?

Last edited:

srafa007

Nov 11, 2009
Bucharest
I don't know if S2 is working, but for mirrorlink you should connect the original USB cable from samsung to cars USB port and press the button with the globe. After this you should see something new in this menu, something with mirror, press it and that should be it.

Last edited:

wjenya

Nov 16, 2009
Haifa
You don't! I have Toyota Touch and tested it, MirrorLink works ONLY with S3 and Note2 running 4.1.2-4.3 ROMs. Sorry to disappoint you.

JackBB

Sep 30, 2014
hello to everyone, i'm italian and my english is not so good. I have a question, i've installed the app that is in first page and everything works fine but when i try to open youtube or another app the screen of the radio says: " in riproduction" only and i can't see anything; someone can help me?
I've the new Toyota Aygo.

Thank you so much.

Last edited:

dkzeb

Sep 25, 2011
Reply from Samsung Denmark

So i wrote Samsung Denmark to find out what they are doing to get the DriveLink / MirrorLink app working, and the reply was first that there was no problem ;) ;) - after a little back and forth the standard answer of looking into it came, but then they wrote me back again, stating that a new version was being developed ( heres hoping ) - also i got a reply from Citroën (i've got the new C1) that the app and platform in general is supposed to be updated in 2015 ( long ****ing time to wait - thats what u get for being an early adopter ) - so hope is out there. On the plus side, i've actually gotten a connection to work with my unit, i've got a Note3 running android 4.3, and i can actually connect the screen (if for some wierd reason i switch on the internet sharing through usb option) - the touch works, and audio works - but the image itself is screwed up, like the resolution is too high or something, but at least there is a little progress. I will keep posting when i have news.

Reactions: patrickpetersen

cocacoola

Jan 12, 2012

XAB2010

Apr 23, 2010
Moscow
Drivelink 1.1.028 r5. HELP!

Drivelink 1.1.028 r5 on Toyota touch2 headunit.
Took my son's S3 with Android 4.3 installed drivelink 28r5 patched + Tmserver. The program starts but does not connect to the head. (no icon in system tray drivelink). Installed the program from the samsung app version 1.1.030 all runs, but not in the FULL MIRROR, complete poppycock. Can someone tell me where to dig. Cords relatives. Did a full reset, transpierced the latest firmware. Not helped. 've tried everything. HELP!!!
Put on S3 firmware 422(I9300XXUFME7_I9300OXAFME7_I9300Xxufme7_home.tar runoff odex and deodex, root and without root) and still the DL version 28r5 not see the head, and 30 sees. Downloaded from here www_colmoschinxtreme.com_android. Maybe something is wrong with prog happened. Throw off anyone working version DL 28r5, and then the brains are going with this prog.

Last edited:

SLiK786

Apr 28, 2014
Hey all,

First off - I've read through a lot of this post, but I haven't read through it all, so I apologize if this has already been covered (however I'm pretty sure it hasn't). I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of thing, but am trying to get an answer for my issue. Kudo's to the devs for getting thus far.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747M)
Provider: Rogers
CM Version: 11-20140916-SNAPSHOT-M10-d2lte
Android Version: 4.4.4

So as you can see above, I have a Galaxy S3 with CM11 on it. I bought a Kenwood DDX-5901hd with MirrorLink. When I plug in the device to the MHL cable it mirrors, however my screen needs to stay on and I don't get control of the device from the head unit (even though the Kenwood App is installed).

I flashed TMServer and installed DriveLink, however I still have had no success. When I'm using GPS or any other apps that are useful for this, my phone will eventually overheat and restart itself.

I'm hoping there's something, I'd love to use this feature on my head unit, however if there's nothing that can be done please feel free to tell me to pound sand.

Thanks again in advance.

XAB2010

Apr 23, 2010
Moscow
Hey all,

First off - I've read through a lot of this post, but I haven't read through it all, so I apologize if this has already been covered (however I'm pretty sure it hasn't). I'm a noob when it comes to this kind of thing, but am trying to get an answer for my issue. Kudo's to the devs for getting thus far.

Phone: Samsung Galaxy S3 (SGH-I747M)
Provider: Rogers
CM Version: 11-20140916-SNAPSHOT-M10-d2lte
Android Version: 4.4.4

So as you can see above, I have a Galaxy S3 with CM11 on it. I bought a Kenwood DDX-5901hd with MirrorLink. When I plug in the device to the MHL cable it mirrors, however my screen needs to stay on and I don't get control of the device from the head unit (even though the Kenwood App is installed).

I flashed TMServer and installed DriveLink, however I still have had no success. When I'm using GPS or any other apps that are useful for this, my phone will eventually overheat and restart itself.

I'm hoping there's something, I'd love to use this feature on my head unit, however if there's nothing that can be done please feel free to tell me to pound sand.

Thanks again in advance.
DriveLink does not work on kitkat starting with 4.4 and especially on CM11 !!! Read posts.

Reactions: SLiK786

deluxreverb

Sep 27, 2014
telenav

I have the same problem - I installed a xav601-bt in my car wanting to use mirror link. Google maps is so much better than the $2000 nav unit in our brand new Honda Odyssey ... but I digress. I saw that Sony-asia has released a firmware update for the unit. Took my chances and installed it (NOTE THIS: had to take off the faceplate and press reset to get it out of the reboot loop) installed fine but neither the "mirror link" nor "telenav" app work. Properly. USB device not recognized. I understand I need an app for the phone. Mirror link or drive link. This will be perfect if they get it to work - I want my Google nav to display on my head unit. Controlling it would be bonus. C'mon Samsung, get it going!

telenav is an app for Apple iphones. Is there anyone out there with an iphone that has been able to mirrorlink an iphone 4 or 5 to a Sony XAV-601BT? Or any unit.

GladdBag

Oct 15, 2011
Calgary
No Go with Galaxy Note 4

Picked up the Sony XAV-712HD last week with MirrorLink and installed it. Grabbed a Galaxy Note 4 yesterday, as I had heard that it would be supporting MIrrorlink. So I have the devices paired up via bluetooth. I plug in the Note 4 and it automatically goes in to MirrorLink mode and says I'm connected to MirrorLink. I touch the "MirrorLink" icon on the head unit and it gives me the message "Reestablish connection with MirrorLink device." So I unplug the phone and plug it back in, and it looks like the head unit is going to connect - I get a spinning circle for a minute that leads me to believe that they are going to connect, then just get the "Reestablish connection with MIrrorLink device" message again.

Upgraded the firmware of the head unit this morning before I did all this. Everything else is working fine. I can see that the phone and the head unit can see each other, but there is something missing in the connection for the head unit to keep giving me that message. Is this something that Sony needs to update? They see each other for a minute and then nothing. I could be missing something blatantly obvious, but I was really hoping that this would be a simple plug-in-and-go operation.

Any assistance anybody could offer would be greatly appreciated. I'm in the tank now for $1300 and I almost wish I would have just bought a head unit with NAV.

Thanks

Weerix

Aug 27, 2011
Downgrade Kitkat to Jellybean

Hello,

Is it possible to downgrade Kitkat to Jellybean so I can use the drivelink app with my Pioneer and my Note 2
Some say its it not possible because te bootsector that comes with Kitkat.

shackall

Oct 27, 2014
configuration /SGS3/

Anyone can provide me working configuration for SGS3 ? Which ROM etc ?
I need to avoid "vehicle in motion" issue.

Thank you !

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Update 5/5/12
    Drivelink has been successfully modified and supports full mirroring!!

All donations are to be sent to the winning dev AuRoN89 via his PayPal address at:
    Sfdrago@libero.it

Also please include your confirmation number so that op maybe be updated and your name crossed from the list!!

For anyone that had a special request such as support for other phones/os, if your phone is still not supported by the modified apk it is your right to hold out on your donation until your request can be reached.

Modified app can be found here:
    http://www.colmoschinxtreme.com/android
    Which will also be updated with changelog, comp car units etc

Full screen mirrorlink is now supported in the latest Sony firmware. It is recommended to use this app "button savior" (no root required) https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.smart.swkey
    To create virtual buttons much like a nexus device to make navigating possible while in full screen mode.

Thank you very much AuRoN89 as well as every other dev that took a stab at this project your hard work is very much appreciated!!!

Update: here is a link to the newest drivelink apk file. Please modify app so that full mirroring of phone is possible onto the indash display along with touch input from display panel.
    http://db.tt/yepFlXWB

Some contributors may not be participating in bounty as of this date as thread is kind of old. Full amount is not guaranteed. If bounty is claimed and found to be valid I will pm all contributors to request funds to be given to dev.

Stakeholders in this are:
    $20 djwilliams100 - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$20 Andre! - GT-I9300 (FW?) - Original Drivelink running fine

$25 (£20) lodger GT-I9300 (Checkrom Ver 5.5, Siyah 1.6.3+) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 Evolmage ?

Paid---$20 Mharmon

Paid---$50 Pinzvidz (galaxy s3)

Paid---$100 Anivnm (galaxy s4)

Paid---$30 Olywa123 - GT-I9300 (Stock XXBLG8 ICS 4.0.4) - Original Drivelink running fine

Paid---$20 cell128 - (SCH-I535 /cleanrom 6.2) - confirmation 2GR470456C6605348

Paid--- $30 laxity - (i9300/stock)- first release of DriveLink working with Alpine ICS-X8
    -----------------------------------
    Below for people that have requests that have not yet been met or have moved on since bounty thread was made

$20 mrjoshzombie (Model?) (CM10 Nightlies) - Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$30 shirazdindar - Galaxy S II Skyrocket (CM9)- Original Drivelink App NOT currently running

$20 Texan_ranger - (i9100/ ?) AuRoN89 apk did not work on galaxy s2

$20 TheAngelus (HTC oneX) special circumstance: must work with other phones (HTC oneX)

$20 rossjevans - (HTC ONE X/CM10)

Total – $435 (~334.51 Euros)

Hello,
    I bought a new indash for my truck the Sony xav-601bt and it supports mirrorlink technology for gs3. Pretty much the unit becomes an extension of your phone all the way down to playing angry birds on it if you wanted to. However I cannot connect it and after searching and speaking to numerous Sony tech supports that had no freakin clue of what to do I found that Samsung neeeds to release the app for it to be compatible. If anyone has it or runs into it I would appreciate it if you posted it here. Its supposed to be released on 8/29 from a rumor I read. It goes by the name Samsung drive-link I believe. Any help is much appreciated

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
    I'm on it.

I've done some 6 or so hours of decrypting the code in this app and have managed some simple customization's but I have not yet found the piece that automatically switches back to the DriveLink app when you manage to get out of it into the android operating system. I'm thinking it could be part of the mirrorlink apk that comes preinstalled on the phone. I haven't had the chance to decompile it and look through it yet but I will try to do it tomorrow if someone can post a link to it or PM me, if not I'll just yank it off my phone. I own both a GS3 and the 601bt so I'd like to get this working as well. I'll try to keep you guys updated but my work on this will be limited to a few hours a day since my wife and I just had our first baby.
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED!!!

FULL MIRRORING WORKING ON ALPINE ICS-X8

Video proof VERY SOON!

BIG THANKS TO DARIO WHICH SENT ME AN ALPINE ICS-X8!!!!!
    sooooo

anyone tried deodexing stock rom??

Ok I finally got this working the other day on a stock ROM without having to deodex. I used the following script to Odex the TMServerApp.apk to create a TMServerApp.odex for my stock ROM :

http://xdaforums.com/showthread.php?t=1879128&highlight=denied

As there is a problem running some of the commands in the auto script I ran them manually until I found this link which was hidden in the original post :

http://xdaforums.com/showpost.php?p=31874711&postcount=57

It will require purchasing Chainfire's adbd Insecure v1.30 app as the standard Jelly Bean adbd doesn't allow most of the commands to be run in the Auto Odex script due to more security. Alternatively run the steps in the script manually like I did before I spotted the Chainfire modded adbd.

So now I have a fully odex'd version of the TMServerApp.apk installed and it now works with my Alpine ICS-X8 :)

I will be sending my donation shortly AuRoN89. Thanks for all your hard work on this.
    j0ep0 and I are going to collaborate and see if we can get this app tweaked the way we think it was intended to be run. I've setup a Github and plan on trying to convert the Smali files into a jar that can be compiled and easily changed. If anyone would like to contribute let be know in a PM. If you want a link the the github I'll post it up as well once we get the two files out there and are working.