Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Lean Mean Battery Power Saving App Review

We talk a lot about battery topics here at XDA TV. We talk about everything from Power Banks to USB … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 Dead

OP Deepak Agnani

7th July 2014, 02:50 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Hi All,

I was using my phone few days back and it got switched off on its own and never came back to life.
I showed it to a service center and they say the phone is dead. There is nothing they can do to repair it and the motherboard will have to be replaced.

Anyone has any suggestions?
I don't believe these guys tried to repair it.

Thanks,
8th July 2014, 02:28 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Agnani

Hi All,

I was using my phone few days back and it got switched off on its own and never came back to life.
I showed it to a service center and they say the phone is dead. There is nothing they can do to repair it and the motherboard will have to be replaced.

Anyone has any suggestions?
I don't believe these guys tried to repair it.

Thanks,

You know, you may be right. Maybe they just looked at it and said this thing is screwed. Or, they took the time to try to do something. Either way. First things first. Can you tell us if the phone shows a charging image when it is plugged in? If so, step two. Does the phone go into download mode? That is, hold down the down on the volume while holding the middle button on the face of the phone, while pressing the power button to turn it on. Dont hold the power button after you see the booting screen.
8th July 2014, 02:42 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by j61101

You know, you may be right. Maybe they just looked at it and said this thing is screwed. Or, they took the time to try to do something. Either way. First things first. Can you tell us if the phone shows a charging image when it is plugged in? If so, step two. Does the phone go into download mode? That is, hold down the down on the volume while holding the middle button on the face of the phone, while pressing the power button to turn it on. Dont hold the power button after you see the booting screen.

The Phone displays nothing even if it plugged in through a charger.
8th July 2014, 02:51 PM   |  #4  
nikctsh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Agnani

The Phone displays nothing even if it plugged in through a charger.

Even LED indicator?
8th July 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
3 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jul 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by nikctsh

Even LED indicator?

The LED indicator is not active as well.
It just looks like sitting in a coffin right now.

It has been only 13 months since I bought it.
8th July 2014, 05:46 PM   |  #6  
boomboomer's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 749
 
3,400 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
If a usb jig doesn't work then new motherboard required.
8th July 2014, 07:34 PM   |  #7  
nikctsh's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 32
 
367 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Deepak Agnani

The LED indicator is not active as well.
It just looks like sitting in a coffin right now.

It has been only 13 months since I bought it.

Probably, those guys weren't just fooling you then, you really need a new motherboard.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes