Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,266 Members 40,224 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung galaxy s3 digitizer and front glass

Tip us?

domukas00
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Samsung galaxy s3 digitizer and front glass

Hello, I have galaxy s3 with cracked front screen (amoled screen is not cracked) and I want to change it. I have viewed some videos about changing it and have a question about a digitizer and front glass. Example in this video http://youtu.be/6gLzEbAIGos?t=3m32s a man removes front screen (i dont know how to call it, digitizer or front glass) at 3:30 and then at 4:30 he puts a new front screen but there are no connectors on it, so how does the touch screen even works without any connectors? This man said that he bought this screen http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...?ie=UTF8&psc=1 and there's written that it is a front glass and "The LCD display and touch screen are not included". So where is the digitizer (touch screen) ??? At that video when he removed front screen there was only amoled screen left, then he put on that front screen without digitizer and touch screen worked. I am soo confused. Please explain it to me.

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 785
As I understand it the front part is simply a glass screen over the digitiser/touchscreen hence the lack of connectors, the tricky part is removing the glass from the touchscreen without damaging it, then rebonding the new glass.

Sent from my GT-I9300
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

domukas00
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain View Post
As I understand it the front part is simply a glass screen over the digitiser/touchscreen hence the lack of connectors, the tricky part is removing the glass from the touchscreen without damaging it, then rebonding the new glass.

Sent from my GT-I9300
But in the video when he removed that front glass without connectors there seems no digitizer left over the lcd.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
The digitiser and oled screen are bonded together, the front glass is just a cover.

Don't bother with the cheap 'glass', it's usually soft plastic and useless. If you read the reviews it's clear you are buying a con.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]