Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,925 Members 52,497 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Why My Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Freeze On Samsung Glowing Logo

Tip us?

Alton56
Old
(Last edited by Alton56; 11th June 2014 at 09:26 PM.) Reason: Need To Add A Picture.
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Why My Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Freeze On Samsung Glowing Logo

My Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Freeze On Samsung Glowing Logo and when trying to factory reset it shows, E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)
When i use Odin to restore a stock firmware it successful but its still not pasting Samsung Glowing Logo.
PLEASE HELP!!!!! MY FRIENDS.:
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Galaxy GT I9300.jpg
Views:	37
Size:	84.0 KB
ID:	2793074  

AndroidNerdz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Thumbs up custom recovery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alton56 View Post
My Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Freeze On Samsung Glowing Logo and when trying to factory reset it shows, E: failed to mount /efs (invalid argument)
When i use Odin to restore a stock firmware it successful but its still not pasting Samsung Glowing Logo.
Install siyah kernel and see what happens I had a similar problem on my s2 when installed flash a custom rom like cm11 and then go back to stock

Alton56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Why My Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Freeze On Samsung Glowing Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNerdz View Post
Install siyah kernel and see what happens I had a similar problem on my s2 when installed flash a custom rom like cm11 and then go back to stock

How do i go about to install Siyah Kernel on my GT-I9300?

AndroidNerdz
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
How do i go about to install Siyah Kernel on my GT-I9300?
On Google search up siyah Kernel I9300
Flash it via Odin
Then mount storage to computer and put cm11 on it
And flash it

Please hit that thank button
The Following User Says Thank You to AndroidNerdz For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alton56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Why My Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Freeze On Samsung Glowing Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndroidNerdz View Post
On Google search up siyah Kernel I9300
Flash it via Odin
Then mount storage to computer and put cm11 on it
And flash it

Please hit that thank button

It Still Doesn't Work Is There Any Other Way You Could Help Me???? When i do It i get a purple glowing icon and its not pasting there .. then i try to put the cm11 on it and when i try to install it from my SD card It still shows the message E: Fail to mount/ efs/ invalid argument.

RazorMC
Old
Thanks Meter 57
Quote:
There is a small chance that the efs folder might be corrupted.

You can install a custom recovery like Philz Touch and try to do factory reset from there.
Phone History

Quote:
Alcatel One Touch Easy || Nokia 3310 || Nokia 8210 || Nokia 8250 || Samsung C100 || Sony Ericsson T610 || Nokia N-Gage || Nokia 6260 || Nokia 6680 || Nokia 6300 || Nokia N73 Music || iMate Jama || Nokia N79 || Sony Ericsson Xperia Arc S || Sony Xperia SL
Search XDA for solutions. Read sticky topics. Enjoy problem-free modding/flashing
~ RazorMC
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorMC For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alton56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default My Samsung Galaxy S3 GT-I9300 Freeze On Samsung Glowing Logo

Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC View Post
There is a small chance that the efs folder might be corrupted.

You can install a custom recovery like Philz Touch and try to do factory reset from there.
Yeah i installed it and it work but when i do the factory reset it still not pasting the Samsung Glowing Logo...

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Format the efs and restore your efs backup, if you don't have a backup then you'll need to pay for a repair.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Alton56
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Thanks man

Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Format the efs and restore your efs backup, if you don't have a backup then you'll need to pay for a repair.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
I really appreciate your help thanks again..