Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,782 Members 38,293 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) Unroot Problems

Tip us?

dylankerwick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy [Q] Samsung Galaxy S3 (GT-I9300) Unroot Problems

I just rooted my Samsung Galaxy S3 (International) GT-I9300 to Cyanogenmod 11 (cm-11-20140609-SNAPSHOT-M7-i9300). I installed ROM Manager on the ClockWork mod and then installed the cm-11-20140609-SNAPSHOT-M7-i9300 file directly from it. It seems that the recovery files aren't working and I can't unroot via Odin as nothing is working.

Any help?

ghostofcain
Old
Thanks Meter 785
What do you mean by nothing is working in odin? Can you not flash a stock of rom? This isn't the first issue with rom manager I've seen reported, I'd stick with flashing roms manually from recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300
I'm a linux user and smug about it, this is your problem not mine.

dylankerwick
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ghostofcain View Post
What do you mean by nothing is working in odin? Can you not flash a stock of rom? This isn't the first issue with rom manager I've seen reported, I'd stick with flashing roms manually from recovery.

Sent from my GT-I9300
I can't place any new files in the S3's ODIN mode, I can't even re-install ROM Manager because the Cyanogenmod deleted it and it won't open .APK files.

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by dylankerwick View Post
I can't place any new files in the S3's ODIN mode, I can't even re-install ROM Manager because the Cyanogenmod deleted it and it won't open .APK files.
Use mobile Odin

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6