Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,876 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Samsung Galaxy S3 not recognized (with drivers)

Tip us?

Rankiz
Old
(Last edited by Rankiz; 28th June 2012 at 05:07 PM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Samsung Galaxy S3 not recognized (with drivers)

I have installed Samsung USB Drivers manually and also tried Kies to install the newest drivers, but my Samsung Galaxy S3 still isn't recognized by my computer. What can I do?

EDIT: It only works sometimes, so when I plug it out and in like 10 times, maybe I'm lucky and it will connect once.

s.yogamurthy
Old
Thanks Meter 25
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rankiz View Post
I have installed Samsung USB Drivers manually and also tried Kies to install the newest drivers, but my Samsung Galaxy S3 still isn't recognized by my computer. What can I do?
Switch off the phone.connect to PC.turn it on....it all surely get recognised...
Still don work means do a factory reset

Sent from my Micromax A60 using XDA
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to s.yogamurthy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Copyright5
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I have the same problem. My VSGS3 works with my W8 laptop but not my W7 desktop (at all). The only thing I can assume that it would be is MTP issues with Truecrypt (my desktop is encrypted). I cannot get it to work at all.

fryrice8850
Old
Thanks Meter 4
take a look at this thread...

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...1652004&page=1

dont seem like there is a solution yet.

gregn
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Really???? S3 Not Recognized?

Maybe I missed something in this thread but is this really the case??? The S3 cannot be recognized as a USB storage device by Windows? I accidentally left my SD card out and now have videos I need to transfer to PC, but cannot via email or any other means I can find. Anybody have a solution? I have installed the Samsung drivers but still not recognized . . . HELP!!!

Arsaw
Old
Recognized Contributor / Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 5021

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by gregn View Post
Maybe I missed something in this thread but is this really the case??? The S3 cannot be recognized as a USB storage device by Windows? I accidentally left my SD card out and now have videos I need to transfer to PC, but cannot via email or any other means I can find. Anybody have a solution? I have installed the Samsung drivers but still not recognized . . . HELP!!!
No USB storage for GS3 internal memory.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app

d4fseeker
Old
Thanks Meter 426
You can use MTP mode to copy the files to the computer.
The device will appear with a phone-logo in 'My Computer'
Samsung S1Samsung S3Oneplus One

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Just plug Samsung USB cable into USB port on a PC with the Samsung USB drivers installed and cut and paste as many GB as you want .SD Phone or EXT SD card via Windows Explorer as normal .

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dodgebizkit
Old
Thanks Meter 143
This problem is quite depressing Has a restore fixed it for anyone?

life_hacker
Old
Thanks Meter 16
I use mac OSX and after searching for a month or so, I couldnt find a solution to connect via USB. So now I use 'Air Droid' app from Play Store. Its pretty good and simple!! Plus, you can do alot more stuff like send or read SMS from PC.. Dont need to connect via USB anymore