Originally Posted by Sporedd66
I was running cm 10.2 and decided to upgrade to cm 11 nightly cm-11-20140707-NIGHTLY-i9300.zip.
Problem is the upgrade failed and i have been trying to recover my phone since.
I have tried:
- I can boot into recovery mode.
- I can boot into download mode.
- i can boot my device with an installed ROM but it wont load past the first boot.
- CM 11
- CM 10
- ADB sideload
- ADB push to sdcard and then install
- Cyanogenmod installer.
- Newest Version
- Older version that i had installed
All with the same result a rom that can't complete its first boot.
Im out of idea's at the moment and wondering if you guy's could provide me with a new course of action.
Im not the most experienced guy out there but:
- Visit the offical CM11 Thread
- Then download the custom recovery thats shown there (this will only work for cm11
- flash that custom recovery
- then do a full wipe
- reboot back to recovery
- install a new cm11 rom
That /should/ if your issue, (try it without the full wipe first)
[from personal experience while upgrading from cm9 to 10]