Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,495 Members 37,495 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Samsung Note 3 SM N9006 firmware root

Tip us?

Frkanja
Old
(Last edited by Frkanja; 1st September 2014 at 08:41 AM.) Reason: wrong forum
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Plug [Q] Samsung Note 3 SM N9006 firmware root

I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM N9006 that works fine...until i realised that the android version on it is Android Kitkat 4.4 with the Jellybean icon, not the latest android Kitkat 4.4.2.....i tried to upgrade the software, but i got the error message "Network Connection failed" even
thought the WIFI network connection is really good.

My Note 3 does not connect to the Samsung Kies software, even after repeated attempts to instal Samsung drivers and the latest Kies software on my Windows laptop. It does not connect with the Kies Mac version either....so i have no hope of upgrading the firmware via Kies.

I tried to root the phone manually by getting into download mode to root it with Odin 3.09...the phone does not respond to the button press combo on Volume Down + Home Button+ Power button presses...it only responds to the Volume Up + Power Button press, where it enters into a black screen mode with words like " PRESS VOLUME DOWN TO SELECT RECOVERY MODE, FAST BOOT OR NORMAL BOOT, PRESS VOLUME UP TO CHOOSE"...Pressing these buttons leads me nowhere and i have to long-press the power button to restart the phone.

I am getting really frustrated trying to upgrade the firmware....what am i doing wrong? The Note 3 model i have is a genuine model because i tested it with *#0*#....i am however worried about the SPen..it is metallic and heavy with a small black tip.

skyler13
Old
Thanks Meter 41
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frkanja View Post
I recently bought a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 SM N9006 that works fine...until i realised that the android version on it is Android Kitkat 4.4 with the Jellybean icon, not the latest android Kitkat 4.4.2.....i tried to upgrade the software, but i got the error message "Network Connection failed" even
thought the WIFI network connection is really good.

My Note 3 does not connect to the Samsung Kies software, even after repeated attempts to instal Samsung drivers and the latest Kies software on my Windows laptop. It does not connect with the Kies Mac version either....so i have no hope of upgrading the firmware via Kies.

I tried to root the phone manually by getting into download mode to root it with Odin 3.09...the phone does not respond to the button press combo on Volume Down + Home Button+ Power button presses...it only responds to the Volume Up + Power Button press, where it enters into a black screen mode with words like " PRESS VOLUME DOWN TO SELECT RECOVERY MODE, FAST BOOT OR NORMAL BOOT, PRESS VOLUME UP TO CHOOSE"...Pressing these buttons leads me nowhere and i have to long-press the power button to restart the phone.

I am getting really frustrated trying to upgrade the firmware....what am i doing wrong? The Note 3 model i have is a genuine model because i tested it with *#0*#....i am however worried about the SPen..it is metallic and heavy with a small black tip.
Best place to ask this question is on the note 3 forum, as this is the galaxy s3 forum

Current Phone; Galaxy S3 I9300.
Current Rom; GlamourS5V7