Post Reply

Location HELP, my S3 keeps rebooting after startup, cant wipe data/factory reset from CWM also

OP joaodrp

12th January 2013, 05:21 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Covilhã
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Hi,

Please give me some help guys,

After installing an app from a torrent (dont know if its related but it happened after installing and opening it) my phone keeps restarting every time, it boots up normally but after just about 5 seconds in the home screen it reboots again. I need to pull out battery to get it stop rebooting.

I've entered in CWM, but cant wipe data/factory reset, when I choose that option it appears "wipping /data" and it just reboots again. I cant also format /data from advanced options. Also, when /data is mounted I cant unmount it also from advanced options. Can wipe cache and dalvik cache but not data. Cant use the phone!

I have Omega v36 with superSU and CWM touch in it. How can I solve this?
12th January 2013, 05:30 PM   |  #2  
omgbuffguy's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30
 
267 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2012
Happened to me once also. Idk which app you installed but I had installed privacy guard and it resulted in a boot loop. The 5 seconds it gives you at start, try to go in settings then applications and uninstall the app which caused this. Took 15 minutes of me trying and I lucked out and uninstalled it. Phone been fine after that

Sent by GT-I9300 SuperNexus
12th January 2013, 06:44 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Flag Covilhã
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by omgbuffguy

Happened to me once also. Idk which app you installed but I had installed privacy guard and it resulted in a boot loop. The 5 seconds it gives you at start, try to go in settings then applications and uninstall the app which caused this. Took 15 minutes of me trying and I lucked out and uninstalled it. Phone been fine after that

Sent by GT-I9300 SuperNexus

I've tried, but as soon as I hit the "unninstall" the phone reboots. I guess trying to interact with something in /data makes it reboot.
12th January 2013, 07:05 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 4,421
 
23,043 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2010
App + torrent = probable malware .


Flash stock rom via Odin is the first step .

jje
The Following User Says Thank You to JJEgan For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2013, 07:11 PM   |  #5  
sam77744's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ahmedabad(GUJRAT}
Thanks Meter: 435
 
521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaodrp

Hi,

Please give me some help guys,

After installing an app from a torrent (dont know if its related but it happened after installing and opening it) my phone keeps restarting every time, it boots up normally but after just about 5 seconds in the home screen it reboots again. I need to pull out battery to get it stop rebooting.

I've entered in CWM, but cant wipe data/factory reset, when I choose that option it appears "wipping /data" and it just reboots again. I cant also format /data from advanced options. Also, when /data is mounted I cant unmount it also from advanced options. Can wipe cache and dalvik cache but not data. Cant use the phone!

I have Omega v36 with superSU and CWM touch in it. How can I solve this?

flash latest i9300 stock rom via odin and after f-reset.find rom here
http://www.sammobile.com/firmware/?page=3
The Following User Says Thank You to sam77744 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
12th January 2013, 09:57 PM   |  #6  
Member
Flag Ostrava
Thanks Meter: 5
 
41 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2011
More
Try safe mode.

Safe mode will boot only stock apps, apps which were installed by ROM.
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1821557
Last edited by ddaveid; 12th January 2013 at 10:01 PM.
12th January 2013, 11:26 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member
Flag Covilhã
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Well, things have gone worst, i've entered in safe mode and choose factory reset from settings, now the phone keeps rebooting, show the green robot of factory reset for 2 seconds and then reboots again. Now cant even get in the samsung logo neither in recovery or download mode.

Now, is there a solution for this? Have removed the battery for about 5 minuts but it stays the same.
Last edited by joaodrp; 13th January 2013 at 12:36 AM.
13th January 2013, 04:47 AM   |  #8  
sam77744's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag ahmedabad(GUJRAT}
Thanks Meter: 435
 
521 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by joaodrp

Well, things have gone worst, i've entered in safe mode and choose factory reset from settings, now the phone keeps rebooting, show the green robot of factory reset for 2 seconds and then reboots again. Now cant even get in the samsung logo neither in recovery or download mode.

Now, is there a solution for this? Have removed the battery for about 5 minuts but it stays the same.

flase stock recovery via odin after that f-reset, may its help u. find attachment.
Attached Files
File Type: tar International-GT-i9300-StockRecovery.tar - [Click for QR Code] (5.39 MB, 202 views)
The Following User Says Thank You to sam77744 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th January 2013, 05:11 PM   |  #9  
OP Junior Member
Flag Covilhã
Thanks Meter: 0
 
6 posts
Join Date:Joined: Sep 2012
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JJEgan

App + torrent = probable malware .


Flash stock rom via Odin is the first step .

jje

Thanks, I've solved the problem!
28th August 2014, 11:44 AM   |  #10  
tarekh020's Avatar
Senior Member
Alexandria
Thanks Meter: 171
 
785 posts
Join Date:Joined: Oct 2009
More
I had the same problem but finally fixed because this thread ,thank god
My problem fixed by :
1- enter download mode - connect ur phone to pc via original usb cable , open odin
2- flash The Stock recovery with Odin 3.4 in PDA button
3- Enter your stock recovery to wipe everything " data / cache/ dalvik " .
4- now enter again download mode and connect the phone again to pc .
5- flash the Stock Rom through PDA button and leave all checks as it is
6- after finishing it will reboot by it self to find your phone back to life again
7- Enjoy

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes