[Q] Samsung refuse to repair!

OP KKBoro

9th October 2012, 08:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

13 posts
Had my S3 returned today from Samsung unrepaired

Quote:

The reason: One of our engineers, has tested your phone and found that unauthorised rework has been previously carried out on your phone. Unfortunately, as this is not covered under Samsung's warranty obligations, this prevents us from repairing your device. We are therefore returning your phone un-repaired and in the condition it was received.

I have assured Samsung I have not tried rooting or updating the software with unofficial software.

Their response, which I find unbelievable was that and I quote "There are Apps on the Play Store that if downloaded, can alter your OS and thus make your phone unusable, this isn't covered by warranty".

My problem or the phones problem is it won't boot or charge. When plugged into the mains, it will only show the battery charge indicator, which doesn't spin. It just sits there frozen. Occasionally, it will boot to the Samsung welcome screen but load no further.

This problem isn't anything to do with me trying to root or add software I wasn't meant to or caused by a dodgy app.

I can't believe Samsung won't repair my phone after 5 months use!

What else can I do as at the moment it's an expensive paper weight?
9th October 2012, 08:09 PM   |  #2  
Flag Ann Arbor
Thanks Meter: 261

1,043 posts
More
I do not own a galaxy s 3 but a problem like this should be told to Google.
9th October 2012, 08:14 PM   |  #3  
Flag Plovdiv
Thanks Meter: 142

1,060 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKBoro

I have assured Samsung I have not tried rooting or updating the software with unofficial software.

Their response, which I find unbelievable was that and I quote "There are Apps on the Play Store that if downloaded, can alter your OS and thus make your phone unusable, this isn't covered by warranty".

My problem or the phones problem is it won't boot or charge. When plugged into the mains, it will only show the battery charge indicator, which doesn't spin. It just sits there frozen. Occasionally, it will boot to the Samsung welcome screen but load no further.

This problem isn't anything to do with me trying to root or add software I wasn't meant to or caused by a dodgy app.

I can't believe Samsung won't repair my phone after 5 months use!

What else can I do as at the moment it's an expensive paper weight?

You can try to return it to the store you bought it from! In our country the law states that any defect that appears on the device to its 6th month of usage is a Factory defect unless the seller can prove otherwise! You can dig a little into your local laws regarding your liberties on the matter!
Sorry if I misused some of the terminology but English is not my native language!
9th October 2012, 08:22 PM   |  #4  
Flag lancashire
Thanks Meter: 31

277 posts
More
and this is why apples cs is second to none doesnt help you i know just sayin
The Following User Says Thank You to treble4 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2012, 08:25 PM   |  #5  
Flag Warsaw
Thanks Meter: 147

1,004 posts
More
Contact google and show them the last message from service center. So it's play store guilty?
Claim Google then.

Sent from an electronic device.
9th October 2012, 08:29 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 181

624 posts
i find that shocking.
out of interest can you get into download mode? power, home, volume down.
because if you're left hanging at least you could just flash an official stock.
9th October 2012, 08:35 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

10 posts
This isn't related but Samsung said they would not repair my GS3 headphones that stopped working because I bought it off ebay with the phone, saying warranty is not transferable.
just hope the I don't have anything wrong with the phone later on because of this. what a bunch of *insert something not nice here*

Edit: on there site it says "Warranty periods and warranty services are intended as a guide only and variations may occur. The warranty period applies from the date of purchase by the first customer and is transferable only between end-users."
http://www.samsung.com/uk/support/wa...OLICY.WARRANTY

Doesn't that mean they should repair it?
Last edited by ashkayuk; 9th October 2012 at 08:48 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ashkayuk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th October 2012, 08:41 PM   |  #8  
Thanks Meter: 175

345 posts
Don't you have consumer rights people/lawyers where you live? Find them and talk to them. They will help you. They know what they're doing and companies fear the damage they can cause.

This is unacceptable.
9th October 2012, 08:52 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 154

668 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by KKBoro

The reason: One of our engineers, has tested your phone and found that unauthorised rework has been previously carried out on your phone. Unfortunately, as this is not covered under Samsung's warranty obligations, this prevents us from repairing your device. We are therefore returning your phone un-repaired and in the condition it was received.

They do not mention software/firmware in their reason for not repairing your phone. I interpret this as there is hardware work done on the phone.
It's far fetched, but maybe, just maybe, they're imposing it's low level stuff thats gone ape**** like bootloader/efs by using some crappy SIM Unlock tool/fix or flashing the wrong firmware.
9th October 2012, 08:58 PM   |  #10  
Recognized Developer
Montreal
Thanks Meter: 6,332

3,525 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try another service center. In Canada I'm not asked anything.. if the manufactured date is within 15 months and the phone is linked to any local provider then free repair.

Sent from my SGH-I717 using xda premium

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread