Google Confirms “Android Lollipop Day” for November 3rd

A little over a week ago, Google announced the latest iteration of … more

Get Your XDA 2015 Custom Avatar and Signature Images Here

As stated in our motto, XDA Developer is for developers, by developers. The … more

Pin Your Photos on Android Lollipop with Photo Pinner

In the last few weeks,we have been talking quite a bit about Android 5.0 Lollipop. This … more

Samsung Galaxy Note Edge Hands On – XDA TV

Perhaps one of the more peculiar announcements this year was the curved edge-screened … more

[Q] Good SD card for S3

OP Banchev

21st June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 3

16 posts
More
Hi,
Could you recommend me a good SD card for Samsung Galaxy S3 with high speed and low to average price. Preferable capacity is 16 to 32GB.
Also I want to see your opinion on these 3 brands; SanDisk, Samsung and Kingston

Thanks!
Last edited by Banchev; 21st June 2014 at 01:49 PM.
21st June 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 14

115 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Banchev

Hi,
Could you recommend me a good SD card for Samsung Galaxy S3 with high speed and low to average price. Preferable capacity is 16 to 32GB.
Also I want to see your opinion on these 3 brands; SanDisk, Samsung and Kingston

Thanks!

I use san disk 16gb for more than 2 years. No problem till now.

Rom: Archidroid v2.4.6
Philz recovery
Boeffla kernel 2.3b6
Viper4android powered sound
21st June 2014, 07:51 PM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by arj8

I use san disk 16gb for more than 2 years. No problem till now.

I can report the same. I've got a 16GB SanDisk Ultra microSD for about 1 and a half years.

If you buy SDs, look for those Class 10 ones. Those are the fast ones. Don't use SDs below Class 6, as they reduce the whole performance of your phone.

Greetings
Leevee33
22nd June 2014, 04:27 PM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
More
Thank you arj8 and Leevee33.

I would like to see some posts about the other brands, because Sandisk is a little bit expensive. I am thinking on buying this one; MicroSDHC 16GB EVO Memory Card (Sorry I am a new user, so I cannot post any links)

Thanks!
Last edited by Banchev; 22nd June 2014 at 05:24 PM.
22nd June 2014, 04:28 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 1

73 posts
Quote:

Thank you arj8 and Leevee33.

I would like to see some posts about the other brands, becaus e Sandisk is a little bit expensive.

Thanks!

Sent from my LT26w using xda premium
23rd June 2014, 12:39 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4

56 posts
More
I use a SanDisk ultra. So far I'm pleased with it even though I broke it once but I think that was due to the fact that I rooted the tablet and switched the external memory with the sd card.
23rd June 2014, 12:51 PM   |  #7  
Flag Bucharest
Thanks Meter: 23

89 posts
Donate to Me
More

Hi,

Thanks!

I use a Samsung, and I like it for me is so good. I have this card more than 2 years but he has 8Gb
23rd June 2014, 03:05 PM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
More
Thank you guys.
I will probably buy the Samsung brand. They have such a nice performance and actually they are not very expensive.

Feel free to leave some other opinions and who knows, you could change my mind.
25th June 2014, 01:35 PM   |  #9  
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Quote:

Thank you guys.
I will probably buy the Samsung brand. They have such a nice performance and actually they are not very expensive.

Feel free to leave some other opinions and who knows, you could change my mind.

I have a class 4 Kingmax 32GB and I noticed that the transfer speeds are ~10 Mb/s which I feel are rather slow. Can you guys share what size and brand you are using and an average transfer speed?
25th June 2014, 02:38 PM   |  #10  
OP Junior Member

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by -Shiro-

I have a class 4 Kingmax 32GB and I noticed that the transfer speeds are ~10 Mb/s which I feel are rather slow. Can you guys share what size and brand you are using and an average transfer speed?

Yeah, it is way too slow. Class 4 SD crads are too slow for phones (for example; S3). You should look for higher class, like class 10. I am thinking of buying this card; http://www.samsung.com/us/photograph...s/MB-MP16DA/AM which has up to 48mb/s read/write. Moreover, Samsung cards are very cheap in my country.
However, I heard bad things about this brand, so I suggest you buy Sandisk Ultra. Sandisk is something like the Iphone of the SD cards. They have really good performance, but the price is without any comment.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread