XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Screen working but touching isn't

Tip us?

alisj99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] Screen working but touching isn't

I wiped my phone (had lots of problems, phone in boot-loop .. etc.. I "think" it turned out to be a simple hardware problem, the power button is stuck sometimes .. and sometimes it's not.. so got unlucky) ..
anyways I managed to "miraculously" wipe the phone and make it clean .. however another problem popped up.. the screen is working just fine with the display... but once I tried to input with touching it didn't work at all
I installed a CWM touch recovery to test in recovery mode and still the touch is not working..
I think it's a hardware problem, but what exactly could be the problem here?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Usually due to flashing the wrong file, blowing the digitiser. Only fix is a new screen assembly.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

help_em_up....
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by alisj99 View Post
I wiped my phone (had lots of problems, phone in boot-loop .. etc.. I "think" it turned out to be a simple hardware problem, the power button is stuck sometimes .. and sometimes it's not.. so got unlucky) ..
anyways I managed to "miraculously" wipe the phone and make it clean .. however another problem popped up.. the screen is working just fine with the display... but once I tried to input with touching it didn't work at all
I installed a CWM touch recovery to test in recovery mode and still the touch is not working..
I think it's a hardware problem, but what exactly could be the problem here?

try flashing the stock rom again with the wipes once.
if the problem persists, m afraid it would BE a hardware problem.
The Following User Says Thank You to help_em_up.... For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alisj99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
woh a single flash file can blow your whole screen, that seems weird to me, I've always thought the hardware issues can be caused by software mistakes but not to that extent, I don't think I've installed a wrong file though ..

hierarchy666
Old
Thanks Meter 201
Quote:
woh a single flash file can blow your whole screen, that seems weird to me, I've always thought the hardware issues can be caused by software mistakes but not to that extent, I don't think I've installed a wrong file though ..
I'm sure you fried your Digitiser by flashing wrong file.

See here there are others too.
The Following User Says Thank You to hierarchy666 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

alisj99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by help_em_up.... View Post
try flashing the stock rom again with the wipes once.
if the problem persists, m afraid it would BE a hardware problem.
Quote:
Originally Posted by hierarchy666 View Post
I'm sure you fried your Digitiser by flashing wrong file.

See here there are others too.
I guess you're right on this one.. I was very careful on downloading everything for S3, but I think while desperately searching for a solution I didn't notice a download in one of the CWMs and fried it.. oh well .. everything went down the drain ...

alisj99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
so a replacement of the digitizer shall do? if I could give it to the service repair, not the whole screen, just the digitizer?
or I have to replace the whole screen?

alisj99
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
I've said a replacement of a digitzer ONLY would help because I've seen many sites close to my place (Malaysia) offering Digitizer only and they claim it would be help with non-responsive touch issue.

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
I've said a replacement of a digitzer ONLY would help because I've seen many sites close to my place (Malaysia) offering Digitizer only and they claim it would be help with non-responsive touch issue.
Just nid to replace the digitizer.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using xda app-developers app

The Following User Says Thank You to JellyYogurt For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]