Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,731,698 Members 48,900 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD Card formatted

Tip us?

raied115
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default SD Card formatted

Hello everyone,
My sd card suddenly formatted by itself, and now it's doing me some trouble... It's a SanDisk Ultra 32GB microSDHC and now some apps can't write to it.
What can I do to fix this?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 672
Format it with the SD tool you can download, check the real capacity as there are many fakes sold.

If it's genuine and format doesn't solve the problem then throw it away (or return to seller for warranty).

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 18th January 2014 at 04:13 PM.)
Thanks Meter 363
A known issue of s3 with Sandisk sd. I suggest using the built-in Windows Disk Management tool to completelly delete card's volume (notice that there is a hidden partition of 10Mb in the card, separated from storage partition that should also be deleted- the partision manager should show them both).

After deleting and merging both partitions as one unalocated space, format it all by using exfat method.

A word of procution- I recommend to do this when the micro sd is connected directly to your pc using a sd card reader- just to make sure you won't delete phone's internal sd by accident...