Post Reply

SD card registering as 0gb

OP grungypoo

28th March 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Hi guys,

I've been looking for a fair few hours now via search and google.. but I can't seem to find an answer.

In short, I just upgraded my i9305 to the latest SlimKat, and it seems to not register my SD card anymore. When I go to storage, it reads as 0B.
I can unmount and mount, but nothing else.

I've tried inserting another blank sd card and trying to get it formatted, but it does nothing and registers as 0B, after it reboots the OS.


I'm not sure what to do here, so I'm asking for help. I can see and install zips it via recovery (cwm.)

I'm just not sure what to do.
28th March 2014, 01:37 AM   |  #2  
Junior Member
Flag hendo
Thanks Meter: 2
 
24 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by grungypoo

Hi guys,

I've been looking for a fair few hours now via search and google.. but I can't seem to find an answer.

In short, I just upgraded my i9305 to the latest SlimKat, and it seems to not register my SD card anymore. When I go to storage, it reads as 0B.
I can unmount and mount, but nothing else.

I've tried inserting another blank sd card and trying to get it formatted, but it does nothing and registers as 0B, after it reboots the OS.


I'm not sure what to do here, so I'm asking for help. I can see and install zips it via recovery (cwm.)

I'm just not sure what to do.

not sure.but it sounds like a bug in the rom .you might want to rollback to the previous version.(assuming it worked fine) if you think it's the card(i.e if the computer reads it as 0b then try sd formatter just remember to enable the change size option

download url --> https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/
The Following User Says Thank You to mitchb315 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
4th April 2014, 06:42 AM   |  #3  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Quote:
Originally Posted by mitchb315

not sure.but it sounds like a bug in the rom .you might want to rollback to the previous version.(assuming it worked fine) if you think it's the card(i.e if the computer reads it as 0b then try sd formatter just remember to enable the change size option

download url --> https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_4/

I've rolled back but I noticed that all builds from 3.8 onwards are like this. (I just flashed build 4, which was recently just linked on xda)

It's definitely not the card as I've tried putting a fresh card to get it reformatted...

Not sure where I go from here, and I can't post on the dev thread as I'm under 6 posts... if someone knows why this is happening, as it seems peoel are either ignoring it or it hasn't been bought to their attention, it would be awesome.

Cheers mate.

I just hope I don't get stuck with this version. lol. Maybe it's time to move on from slimkat. (I hope not.)
19th April 2014, 04:16 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
 
37 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jun 2010
Just a quick update sort of:

1) I realized that I may have posted this on the wrong forum, as there's a troubleshooting Q&A for the i9035 which is what I have.
Any chance of a mod moving it over there?

2) Also I have now installed vanilla cyanogenmod on the phone and it read the SD card okay, it must be the rom, prolly hasn't ported properly or something... do'h!


Quote:
Originally Posted by grungypoo

I've rolled back but I noticed that all builds from 3.8 onwards are like this. (I just flashed build 4, which was recently just linked on xda)

It's definitely not the card as I've tried putting a fresh card to get it reformatted...

Not sure where I go from here, and I can't post on the dev thread as I'm under 6 posts... if someone knows why this is happening, as it seems peoel are either ignoring it or it hasn't been bought to their attention, it would be awesome.

Cheers mate.

I just hope I don't get stuck with this version. lol. Maybe it's time to move on from slimkat. (I hope not.)

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes