Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,732,914 Members 50,626 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

SD card stuck in (read only mode)

Tip us?

ads2996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
Default SD card stuck in (read only mode)

Hi,

I have recently discovered that my Sd card has become stuck in a state that seems like read only I can delete files but then once I unmount it then remount it goes back to its previous state, in have tried formating it on my phone, windows Explorer, windows disk management, osx disk utility, haven't tried Linux yet, need to fix my Ubuntu install. I have also tried chkdsk from windows and tells me the card is dirty, but is unable to read the partition table or something like that. Osx tells me it needs repaired after I verify it and the repair works, but once I verify it again the same problem arises again. The card is a San disk ultra 64gb formatted to exfat.

I would be grateful for any help in this matter. Thanks in advance.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
Transmatted by the magic of the tinternet, straight to your screen for your private viewing.

The Doctor

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
The www search sandisk faulty 64 gb cards .

ads2996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
I have spent hours searching the Internet for a solution but have found none

Transmatted by the magic of the tinternet, straight to your screen for your private viewing.

The Doctor

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4416
Well if i had a faulty 64gb card of that make and had read the multiple posts on faulty sandisc 64 gb cards then i would either use the sandisk forum or return the card to the vendor under warranty .

ads2996
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 13
I returned it the last time I had a faulty card which was a few months ago, the problem is that nu dad ordered the card from Amazon and he won't talk to them about getting a replacement. It also takes about 2 weeks for SanDisk to replace a card, and I have to pay postage for their faulty product which doesn't quite seem right.

The Doctor