Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,738,603 Members 41,062 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SD card is full (but, its not)

Tip us?

jimswms
Old
(Last edited by jimswms; 22nd April 2014 at 01:44 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SD card is full (but, its not)

Sorry for the double post. I just realized, I should have posted this in this section. Mods can delete the other if needed.
Thanks

Hi,
another forum recommended I register and ask my question here. I am not a techie. I don't know what I'm doing. This is probably a basic question, but with all the googling I've done, I can't find the answer!

Here goes, and please be easy on me

My GS3 was running really slow, running down the battery, just in general not running as well as I remembered from a year before buying it. I decided to back it up, reset it and start from scratch. The phone has run AWESOME! One problem though; when it updated, it installed 4.3. Ever since, I can't do anything with my SD card. I get an error that the SD card is full, and if I look in the settings, it shows zero space on the SD card. If I plug it into my mac, it shows like 12gb of space.

I used to use Android File Transfer and that doesn't work anymore. I recently tried Airdroid, which works great for the internal storage, but tells me that my SD card is full.

Help!

PS I tried to post a link to a screenshot of what storage on my phone looks like, but since I'm a noob, I'm not allowed

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Download the sd formatting tool and use it on your pc to format your extremal sd card.

If you meant your internal storage the go read the sticky thread in general, about the changes 4.3 makes.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.