FORUMS

Android 5.1 for the Nvidia Shield Tablet is Out!

Nvidia is quite good at delivering updates in a timely fashion. The producer of famous … more

Other than XDA (of Course), What’s Your Favorite Site That Covers Android?

There is a number of other great sites that cover … more

Introducing Voices of XDA: Have Your Ideas Heard

By far the greatest assets we have at XDA-Developers are you, the developers, the eager … more

Unofficial Xposed For Lollipop Touchwiz With Flashable Zip

XDA Recognized Developer arter97 has released an unofficial build … more
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread

Sd internal memory full. Some questions...

27th March 2014, 10:03 AM |#21  
umby75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Another way to free space could be to move apps in external sd.
In Manage Applications for each app i don't find the key to move them.
In my o.s. version does the system already move as default the apps?

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy
 
 
27th March 2014, 09:48 PM |#22  
RazorMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SiN CiTY
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby75

Another way to free space could be to move apps in external sd.
In Manage Applications for each app i don't find the key to move them.
In my o.s. version does the system already move as default the apps?

Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy

Have you tried Link2SD app for moving the app to SD ?

I used it long ago on Arc S and it worked well.


~ RazorMC
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
29th March 2014, 08:00 PM |#23  
umby75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
I know Link2sd app but actually i think to free no much space moving apps in Extsd.
Further it could be risky for the stability apps when the phone works with apps moved.

However i moved the .thumbnails folder in Dcim of my internal sd to ext sd for caution and - i don't know if that it's the reason - anyway i still have few free space (see pic).
But finally i could update the apps that before i couldn't update cause insufficient memory.



Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy
1st April 2014, 08:21 PM |#24  
RazorMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SiN CiTY
Thanks Meter: 81
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by umby75

I know Link2sd app but actually i think to free no much space moving apps in Extsd.
Further it could be risky for the stability apps when the phone works with apps moved.

However i moved the .thumbnails folder in Dcim of my internal sd to ext sd for caution and - i don't know if that it's the reason - anyway i still have few free space (see pic).
But finally i could update the apps that before i couldn't update cause insufficient memory.

Apps with widgets don't work with ext-SD if you use the widget, but most other apps can be moved safely. Maybe you can try to move the navigator app?

Also, the Various section (File vari) is 5gb. You can check that and delete unnecessary data to get more free space.


~ RazorMC
The Following User Says Thank You to RazorMC For This Useful Post: [ View ]
2nd April 2014, 07:39 AM |#25  
umby75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC

Apps with widgets don't work with ext-SD if you use the widget, but most other apps can be moved safely. Maybe you can try to move the navigator app?


I didn't remember that I need to create a second partition to use Link2sd app.
I wonder if i can create now avoiding the sd format.
However i noticed that the navigator app wouldn't free much memory space (see pic).

Why?


Sent from rooted & oc Int. Galaxy S3 with stock JB 4.1.2, Siyah Kernel 1.9.1 using Tapatalk - Rome, Italy
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes