Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,802,856 Members 41,607 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Selected Network Unavailable after battery drain

Tip us?

fmlyhm2014
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Selected Network Unavailable after battery drain

Hi

Yesterday, my phone was working fine. The battery was on 1% so I plugged it in to charge. I taken it off charge and turned it on, and was greeted by the no signal icon. Then, signal came back but read "emergency calls only." Now, I can't connect to my network. I tried a Vodafone sim in it and it worked OK, but two Three sims failed to work. I tried my dad's and mine. The funny thing is, my sim works in my dads phone, as does his. So by all accounts it looks as though three had blocked my phone from their network, even though it's pay as you go. I phoned them but they told me they haven't blocked it and it should work OK. I haven't touched anything on it, I just charged it.

Do any of you guys have any idea what could be wrong? I thought maybe the hardware had failed, but like I say it connected to vodafone so this seems impossible.

I'm seriously puzzled. I've tried recovering the firmware through Kies to no avail.

I'm at my wits end. Thanks! (:

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 688
Might be sim lock, was the phone originally locked to vodaphone?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.