[SOLVED] Selected network unavailable

Search This thread

Masteq

Hi,
I've encountered a problem today. By mistake i have restarted my phone after the wipe, and soft bricked my phone. Then I tried to flash to stock with odin and after a few tries managed to do it :p But the problem is, after the flash i've got a "selected network unavailable" notification. Tried many things, different stock firmwares, reinstalled many times, but to no luck. After that i've installed aospa and tried to restore my efs backup, but that didn't help either. My imei is intact and in download mode my model is shown too.. What can I try doing to make it work? I can provide any information you ask.. My model is I9300 International. Baseband version in "about phone" tab is: I9300XXEMG4, the stock rom i've installed is as shown in *#1234#: PDA: I9300XXEMG4 CSC: I9300OXXEMG3 MODEM: I9300XXEMG4

Last edited:

boomboomer

Jun 30, 2010
Go read the sticky thread on efs in general forum.

If your efs backup was made when your firmware was older than EMG4 then you need to downgrade to the old firmware before you restore it, as efs format changed at EMG4.

Both the imei and serial numbers are required to obtain network.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

Masteq

Go read the sticky thread on efs in general forum.

If your efs backup was made when your firmware was older than EMG4 then you need to downgrade to the old firmware before you restore it, as efs format changed at EMG4.

Both the imei and serial numbers are required to obtain network.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk

I have both imei and serial correct, but how do I check which baseband I made the efs backup on? Because I don't remember..

Masteq

Your serial and imei is ok.
So I think you should flash a patched modem matches with your firmware (y)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app

You have just saved my life. Indeed flashing patched modem matching my firmware (UGNA8) after flashing Boeffla-Kernel on stock helped regain my network Connection. May it be a remainder of how easily you can mess up your phone :D

So officially, problem solved.

Last edited:

Gynus

Dec 6, 2015
Marrakech
You have just saved my life. Indeed flashing patched modem matching my firmware (UGNA8) after flashing Boeffla-Kernel on stock helped regain my network Connection. May it be a remainder of how easily you can mess up your phone :D

So officially, problem solved.

Hello ,
I have the same problem on a SM-N7505 (Note 3 LTE Neo ) and i don't know what's a patched modem is :p
Do you mind explaining or sharing a link where i could find the needed rom
Many thanks

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Your serial and imei is ok.
    So I think you should flash a patched modem matches with your firmware (y)

Sent from my GT-N7100 using XDA Free mobile app