Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,782,840 Members 40,853 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] manual upgrading to 4.3 to get rid of demo apps

Tip us?

kvdc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] manual upgrading to 4.3 to get rid of demo apps

I have a rooted i9300 locked to Orange France and OTA android 4.3. I want to get rid of the extra software Orange installed (demo games and other unuseful stuff). Is it ok to install Android 4.3 I9300XXUGML3 Official Firmware manually with odin or will I brick my phone? Installing official firmware is cleaner then uninstalling all unwanted programms I think...
After that I want to unlock (I read this tread http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2541909) but with 4.3 I think the best option is buying a code ? There is no safe way to go back to 4.1.1 to try as far as I know or are there already “easy” solutions to unlock?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 683
Flashing official firmware will not brick your phone, follow the guide and factory reset afterward.

On 4.3 you have efs v2 so can only unlock with a purchased code. You cannot go back to any firmware that would enable the old patch system to unlock.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

coolhof
Old
Thanks Meter 250
If you're phone is rooted why dont you delete the demo's and blootware yourself?
They can be found in system/app.
Its much easier than install a new rom and root it again.

Send From A Devil3 - f2fs - Dualboot Powered Machine
----------------------------------------------
Samsung Galaxy S III GT-I9300 Dual Boot.
Kernel: Devil3 4_0.1.4 [4.4.x, 4.3.x] - f2fs Filesystem - Dualboot
Recovery: Devil-i9300-recovery
Rom1: My Own Custom Rom Base JB4.3
Rom2: Cm11.
----------------------------------------------

kvdc
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by coolhof View Post
If you're phone is rooted why dont you delete the demo's and blootware yourself?
They can be found in system/app.
Its much easier than install a new rom and root it again.
Thanks for the reply's

Coolhof, believe me, for me it's much easier to install a new rom and root with Odin then to delete every single app that I "think" is blootware from Orange....

Everything went well and now I have a pretty clean stock 4.3, in fact it went so well that I'm thinking of installing SuperNexus 4.4.2 custom Rom