Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,741,801 Members 44,435 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

i9300 Stuck on Boot Screen

Tip us?

mtanti95
Old
(Last edited by mtanti95; 10th March 2014 at 06:06 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Unhappy i9300 Stuck on Boot Screen

Hi, have a i9300. When my phone starts up i got the samsung logo, it plays the samsung boot sound, but cuts it half way, and remains like that endlessly, flashing but never booting up.

I tried Flashing the partition, and also the firmware but it didnt work. Any ideas i could use?

Thanks in advance

....I also get E faile tto mount efs in recovery mode. ... Don't know what that is...

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
Sounds like a hard brick, try flashing the rescue firmware from general forum but doubt you will be able to fix it yourself.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

mtanti95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
Sounds like a hard brick, try flashing the rescue firmware from general forum but doubt you will be able to fix it yourself.
This only happened after the charge fell to 0 last night. It started rebooting over and over... then it got stuck on the boot logo. I didn't really do anything to brick it. Fine it was rooted, but I dont see how it just happends like this, suddenly

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 673
The emmc chip in these phones is very fragile, letting the battery drain completely may have corrupted the firmware -which is easily solved by factory reset or flashing the same firmware.

Flashing a pit file is last resort, not the first thing to try.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

mtanti95
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer View Post
The emmc chip in these phones is very fragile, letting the battery drain completely may have corrupted the firmware -which is easily solved by factory reset or flashing the same firmware.

Flashing a pit file is last resort, not the first thing to try.
It wasn't the first thing to try... I did many factory resets, and also re-flshing firmware. I tried pit flash but still the same result.

I now installed CheckRom via Odin, it boots, but icannot connect to my carrier..

Anything i can do from this rom... I cannot even flash CWM to attempt to install a different ROM with it for some reason