XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

No service, changed IMEI, S/N 00000000

Tip us?

buult
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default No service, changed IMEI, S/N 00000000

Hello, I have just bought an used Galaxy S3, but unfortunately I have some problems. The main problem is that I am unable to make calls. The phone shows No service and it doesn't matter whether SIM is inserted or not. Another thing I have noticed is changed IMEI. It is different than one behind the Battery. Also, serial number is 00000000 and it is very strange.

I would be very grateful for any help!

Casanoaa
Old
Thanks Meter 1473
Quote:
Originally Posted by buult View Post
Hello, I have just bought an used Galaxy S3, but unfortunately I have some problems. The main problem is that I am unable to make calls. The phone shows No service and it doesn't matter whether SIM is inserted or not. Another thing I have noticed is changed IMEI. It is different than one behind the Battery. Also, serial number is 00000000 and it is very strange.

I would be very grateful for any help!
It sounds like you've got a phone totally wiped and your EFS folder is clear. Your EFS folder contains your imei number. Your phone is unusable. Ask the seller if he has a backup of EFS folder.
Samsung Galaxy SIII Rom :NeatRomLite 4.3 Kernel : Sales repacked Launcher :Nova prime

buult
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casanoaa View Post
It sounds like you've got a phone totally wiped and your EFS folder is clear. Your EFS folder contains your imei number. Your phone is unusable. Ask the seller if he has a backup of EFS folder.

Hi, thanks for your answer. I have the original IMEI number, also I can check the EFS folder, just tell me what exactly should I found there.

JJEgan
Old
Thanks Meter 4406
Return to seller phone cannot work wrong IMEI .

jje

Casanoaa
Old
Thanks Meter 1473
Quote:
Hi, thanks for your answer. I have the original IMEI number, also I can check the EFS folder, just tell me what exactly should I found there.
i don't no what to look for, but what i know and jjeagan know that you have to ask the seller for the backup.. Yes you have that imei number in hand but not installed in phone.
Samsung Galaxy SIII Rom :NeatRomLite 4.3 Kernel : Sales repacked Launcher :Nova prime

buult
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Yes, sure I will ask the seller for the backup. However, let's say he doesn't have it. Then there won't be a possibility to get ir working?

kintwofan
Old
(Last edited by kintwofan; 5th September 2012 at 06:18 PM.)
Thanks Meter 2706

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Yes, sure I will ask the seller for the backup. However, let's say he doesn't have it. Then there won't be a possibility to get ir working?
Here ya go. It can be fixed pretty easily however as of now it will show you roaming even if you aren't.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31051731

Edit actually after reading this new method it seems they fixed the roaming problem. Mine is backed up so I dont really follow this closely. I would however demand some money back for the shady business.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using xda app-developers app

buult
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
Here ya go. It can be fixed pretty easily however as of now it will show you roaming even if you aren't.

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=31051731

Edit actually after reading this new method it seems they fixed the roaming problem. Mine is backed up so I dont really follow this closely. I would however demand some money back for the shady business.

Would this method work on the european Samsung Galaxy GT-i9300 model?

kintwofan
Old
Thanks Meter 2706

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Would this method work on the european Samsung Galaxy GT-i9300 model?
Not sure. I didn't notice this was in the international forum. But this is just a couple posts below yours

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29749993

buult
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by kintwofan View Post
Not sure. I didn't notice this was in the international forum. But this is just a couple posts below yours

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=29749993

yes, I saw that method, but somehow I can not find one file.

Does anyone have any other thoughts?