Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,995 Members 47,112 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGH-i747m only boots to recovery mode with 16gb sd card

Tip us?

gravitysdepth
Old
(Last edited by gravitysdepth; 28th July 2014 at 07:09 AM.) Reason: More information
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SGH-i747m only boots to recovery mode with 16gb sd card

Hello, I purchased a phone off kijiji fully knowing it was not functional - For the 40 dollars my curiosity got the best of me; and if I can fix it well I can get myself a new phone for cheap. I was informed that this phone: Samsung Galaxy sgh-i747m had the latest update (not custom rom). The phone suddenly would not boot past Samsung logo and by the time I bought it, would not boot up at all. So after doing extensive research I decided I would give the 16gb class 10 sd card boot a chance. While somewhat of a success, the only thing it boots me to is this.

BOOT RECOVERY MODE (IN GREEN)
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS
COPY FROM T-FLASH
BOOT RECOVERY
WRITE 159488 SECTORS
FLASH WRITE FAILURE (RED)
ODIN MODE (RED)
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747M
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: NONE
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER AP SWERV: 1

I should note that with the debrick-SGH-I747M-UEMK5 image that I used, the phone will boot to recovery mode without holding any buttons(While Plugged in). It will also boot to recovery if it is unplugged and I simply hold and release the power button when I feel the vibrate. I have also tried volume down + home + power. Same thing. If I take the sd card out I cannot get any sign of life / no recovery mode.

Any ideas as to what needs to be done? At this point I am thinking motherboard failure.

edit* I forgot to mention that the computer does not see the device at all, even in device manager as a random name. There are no signs of life on the computer end. ODIN also does not detect it even when in boot recovery mode.

johnnyspritz
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Well, I'm not so sure you'll find an answer here; that's a Canadian variant, Google tells me :P Anyhow, it's not dead if it can still turn on, and especially if you can get to recovery. Though to fix anything you'll need a custom recovery. If you already have one, have you tried flashing any custom or official firmware yet? I assume you're not a noob since you know what Odin is (though to be honest, I've only used it once, while rootingfor the first time)

gravitysdepth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyspritz View Post
Well, I'm not so sure you'll find an answer here; that's a Canadian variant, Google tells me :P Anyhow, it's not dead if it can still turn on, and especially if you can get to recovery. Though to fix anything you'll need a custom recovery. If you already have one, have you tried flashing any custom or official firmware yet? I assume you're not a noob since you know what Odin is (though to be honest, I've only used it once, while rootingfor the first time)
Hi, thanks for replying.

Well, I am not a complete noob but have a basic understanding as I have successfully rooted my previous phone. I have just never tried fixing one that was bricked before so some of these things are new to me.

Once I make the SD boot card using "debrick-SGH-I747M-UEMK5" the phone will kick on into boot recovery mode. From there I can't do anything and the computer doesn't see it at all. That is where I am stuck on how to load anything further as download mode will not come up.

html5gamedevs
Old
Thanks Meter 0
[QUOTE=gravitysdepth;54446484]Hello, I purchased a phone off kijiji fully knowing it was not functional - For the 40 dollars my curiosity got the best of me; and if I can fix it well I can get myself a new phone for cheap. I was informed that this phone: Samsung Galaxy sgh-i747m had the latest update (not custom rom). The phone suddenly would not boot past Samsung logo and by the time I bought it, would not boot up at all. So after doing extensive research I decided I would give the 16gb class 10 sd card boot a chance. While somewhat of a success, the only thing it boots me to is this.

BOOT RECOVERY MODE (IN GREEN)
CHECK BOOT PARTITIONS
COPY FROM T-FLASH
BOOT RECOVERY
WRITE 159488 SECTORS
FLASH WRITE FAILURE (RED)
ODIN MODE (RED)
PRODUCT NAME: SGH-I747M
CUSTOM BINARY DOWNLOAD: NO
CURRENT BINARY: Samsung Official
SYSTEM STATUS: NONE
QUALCOMM SECUREBOOT: ENABLE
Warranty Bit: 0
BOOTLOADER AP SWERV: 1

I should note that with the debrick-SGH-I747M-UEMK5 image that I used, the phone will boot to recovery mode without holding any buttons(While Plugged in). It will also boot to recovery if it is unplugged and I simply hold and release the power button when I feel the vibrate. I have also tried volume down + home + power. Same thing. If I take the sd card out I cannot get any sign of life / no recovery mode.

Any ideas as to what needs to be done? At this point I am thinking motherboard failure.

edit* I forgot to mention that the computer does not see the device at all, even in device manager as a random name. There are no signs of life on the computer end. ODIN also does not detect it even when in boot recovery mode.[/QUOTE
;
thank you

gravitysdepth
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default Please Delete

I have posted my question in the proper section http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-16gb-t2830849

Please delete this post.