Watch This Now!

[Q] SGS3 (Intl) - How to change CSC code on Omega AOKP v26 Android 4.4.4

2 posts
Thanks Meter: 0
By drvas, Junior Member on 5th July 2014, 08:23 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi all,

I have recently installed (a few times) Omega AOKP v26 Android 4.4.4. Unfortunately this is on Russia country code and I wish to change it to BTU (UK)

So far, I have tried ES File Explorer, root R/W to locate csc folder but it is nowhere to be found. I made a 2nd attempt with Busybox and CSC Select by #Maniakk but keeps coming up with the same error - "connection problem or invalid MMI code". hten I replaced CSC Select with CSC Changer but the latter has caused more freezes than the ice age.

Then I decided to use Android Terminal Emulator and run the following code "am start -a Android.intent.action.MAIN -n com.sec.Android.Preconfig/com.sec.Android.Preconfig.Preconfig" or this "am start -a android.intent.action.MAIN -n". It did not work but also did not display I am on single CSC instead of multi.

Again nothing happened. Did not give up though and I went online and searched further. Followed some advice on doing a factory reset via recovery and that should change the csc code itself. Same outcome.

Now, since I have tried all of the above including full wipe via recovery mount&storage and re-installed Omega AOKP v26 on my SGS3 (intl) - by the way the same issue occured with other 4.4 custom ROMS, including OmniROM, EHNDROIX V 14.5.25 & ArchiDroid - could anyone here provide any other solution that I may have missed? I ahve searched on all of the above ROM pages to see if it has been reported but did not see any related post (& I have been to specsavers lately :-p )

The only thing that I can think of affecting all of the above ROMS is if they are not Multi-CSC...

Apologies for the lengthy post and thanks in advance.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread