Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,739,099 Members 45,575 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SGS3 Won't Charge!

Tip us?

ExperimentalHDX
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Exclamation [Q] SGS3 Won't Charge!

I know you guys have probably seen a thread like this a million times, but I know exactly what the problem is, but I have no idea as to how to fix it. The problem is in the phone's charging port itself, I need to get this repaired as after noticing that using the Galaxy Charging Current app, depending on the position of the USB cable, a different current is being supplied (all USB cables & Chargers wiggle around, they used to be held in solidly). Of course I have tried tens of other ways to find out what the problem is, and I know it's this for sure.

I'm based in the UK and I didn't buy the phone from a normal shop such as car phone warehouse, so does anyone know where I can get my phone fixed?

Thanks in advance!

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 312
Quote:
Originally Posted by ExperimentalHDX View Post
I know you guys have probably seen a thread like this a million times, but I know exactly what the problem is, but I have no idea as to how to fix it. The problem is in the phone's charging port itself, I need to get this repaired as after noticing that using the Galaxy Charging Current app, depending on the position of the USB cable, a different current is being supplied (all USB cables & Chargers wiggle around, they used to be held in solidly). Of course I have tried tens of other ways to find out what the problem is, and I know it's this for sure.

I'm based in the UK and I didn't buy the phone from a normal shop such as car phone warehouse, so does anyone know where I can get my phone fixed?

Thanks in advance!
Not sure where to get it fixed but have you thought of buying a spare battery and charger? I have a separate battery and charger and hardly ever charge my phone directly with the charger. When one battery runs down I swapp them over done no waiting for my phone to charge

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6