[Q] SIII will not boot

OP rachypoo

27th January 2014, 12:15 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Hi

So I've had my Samsung SIII for just over 18 months, and it's all worked fine etc. I've never rooted it or anything.

But this morning it will not boot up. When I try to switch it on the start up sequence happens, but it gets stuck on the flashing Samsung splash screen. If I turn it off it just restarts and ends up back on that screen. The only way to stop it is to take the battery out.

I've tried starting it in recovery mode (power+home button+vol up), but the standing, open android just flashes and I end up with the android lay down with the red exclamation mark from there. It then loops between the two androids and the Samsung SIII start up logo screen. I have tried to press the volume buttons whilst on the red exclamation mark screen but cannot get to anywhere from it.

However, it will load the download mode (power+home button+ vol down) just fine.

I have looked all over but most people encountering anything similar have rooted their devices, which I have not.

Also, last week I lost all of my contacts which were stored on the device (I don't know why) but that might have something to do with it.

I don't particularly want to hard reset the phone and lose everything, but if it's the only solution I will do.

Thanks.
27th January 2014, 12:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 709

3,212 posts
In download mode is the product number shown or a blank?

If it shows i9300 then you have a good chance of flashing either a full stock rom or a rescue firmware (see general forum) using odin. You will need to factory reset in recovery afterward, but your data is almost certainly unrecoverable.

If the product number is blank then you have partial SDS and require a new motherboard.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to boomboomer For This Useful Post: [ View ]
27th January 2014, 01:04 PM   |  #3  
Flag The Land of Android
Thanks Meter: 348

1,057 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by rachypoo

Hi

So I've had my Samsung SIII for just over 18 months, and it's all worked fine etc. I've never rooted it or anything.

But this morning it will not boot up. When I try to switch it on the start up sequence happens, but it gets stuck on the flashing Samsung splash screen. If I turn it off it just restarts and ends up back on that screen. The only way to stop it is to take the battery out.

I've tried starting it in recovery mode (power+home button+vol up), but the standing, open android just flashes and I end up with the android lay down with the red exclamation mark from there. It then loops between the two androids and the Samsung SIII start up logo screen. I have tried to press the volume buttons whilst on the red exclamation mark screen but cannot get to anywhere from it.

However, it will load the download mode (power+home button+ vol down) just fine.

I have looked all over but most people encountering anything similar have rooted their devices, which I have not.

Also, last week I lost all of my contacts which were stored on the device (I don't know why) but that might have something to do with it.

I don't particularly want to hard reset the phone and lose everything, but if it's the only solution I will do.

Thanks.

Do has boomboomer said above but as a last resort before flashing back to stock or a rescue firmware if you flash PhilZ recovery in download mode with odin.You then have a Aroma option in PhilZ recovery to browse and copy phone files so you may be able to recover some data pictures etc.

Please read PhilZ thread >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2201860 << and the special features thread about Aroma file manager in post #3

Please note use as a last resort to get your data back! and read everything! Also all this is presuming you can get into PhilZ recovery after flashing..
Last edited by tallman43; 27th January 2014 at 01:07 PM.
28th January 2014, 04:43 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
I'm having the same problem , been looking through lots of topics. When I switch on the phone it's not booting android guy lays on his back. Download mode and Android Recovery are in my range.
I've been trying to flash stock-firmware from sammobile.com with ODIN but no effect , I mean It all went OK in Odin Operation list than fially phone reset and PASS. But this android guy is still laying on his back and making fun of me xD
Before trying to get back to stock ROM, I've had rooted phone and installed RR with 4.4.2 for S3, now I don't have a clue what shall I do next ...
Any ideas ? (the noob[me] have asked )
28th January 2014, 05:25 PM   |  #5  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Stuck on samsung logo
Hi my s3 got stuck in the boot samsung logo.
It happend after I went to CWM app and created partition from there.
After I reboot it , then it froze down there.

S3-rooted running cyanogen mod 10.2
28th January 2014, 06:16 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 4,421

23,043 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamdaiwa

Hi my s3 got stuck in the boot samsung logo.
It happend after I went to CWM app and created partition from there.
After I reboot it , then it froze down there.

S3-rooted running cyanogen mod 10.2

You buggered the partitions .
Remove partition .
29th January 2014, 08:10 PM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 1

9 posts
SOLVED >>

I have solved my problem with this lying android guy on his back , after trying to get back stock. So the thing was on my phone there have been left the kernel from Resurection Remix , I have updated it to Custom Kernel from this topic
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2563562
And my newest version of stock firmware is swimming very nice I hope This will help someone

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread