Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,814,032 Members 44,291 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] SIII SHV-E210 (korean) on AT&T 4G/LTE

Tip us?

adamijin
Old
(Last edited by adamijin; 31st August 2014 at 04:22 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] SIII SHV-E210 (korean) on AT&T 4G/LTE

While I was working in Korea, I bought a Galaxy s3 SHV-E210 (Korean Model) cell phone. When I bought, I was told that I would be able to use it over here in the States. AT&T was able to put a sim card and activate it on their network, however I only get 3G. The Sales rep told me that the bands for 4G/LTE are different in Korea than stateside carriers, so I may, or may not pick up 4G/LTE. I've done some research and found that the band in the phone can be changed using certain codes. When I enter *#9090# it brings up a menu, I've tried changing some of the 4G/LTE, 3G options in that menu but I never get 4G. I know how to root and put custom firmware on devices, so if that is something I need to do then I am comfortable with that. Can this phone be changed to get a 4G/LTE signal? are there any more "codes" that I can enter in to get any other options that will help me? has anyone here ever change the band on their phone to work on 4g? Thank you for any and all help.

Motivateme
Old
Thanks Meter 2
AT&T uses LTE band 1 for service.
since E210S only supports band 3 and 5, and 3 and 8 for E210K, there's no way to access AT&T LTE network with your device.
It is reported to support band 1 for newer devices like S5 and G3 and AT&T LTE devices might work in Korea since May 2014,
LTE won't be available with Korean S3 in US.
Moto Glam (XT800W, sold & bought again - CM10)
Motorola Defy (MB525, broken)
Google Nexus S (broken)
Samsung Galaxy S2 (SHW-M250S, radio broken)
HTC Chacha (A810e, sold)
Sony Xperia mini pro (SK17i, broken)
Google Galaxy Nexus (Currently using - Slimkat 4.4 ROM)