[Q] SIM card unlock

OP Paul Caten

25th March 2014, 06:49 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Good day to all!

I have a SGS III running JellyBean 4.1.2 (I don't know the stock with which it came with) and I am trying to do a sim unlock

I have tried many apps sugested on the forums and I even tried getting the nv_data.bin with ADB and using a hexeditor but the position specified in the tutorials does not exist

http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...-free-t1718665 (Step 2)

Also unlocking apps say that the phone has a different protection system than expected (otherwise they would have done what I have tried manually)

I will attatch the nv_data.bin, any bit of information will be GREATLY appreciated!
Attached Files
File Type: 7z efs_backup.7z - [Click for QR Code] (16.3 KB, 10 views)
25th March 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 709

3,204 posts
Search and read, there is no free sim unlock anymore. Hundreds of identical threads all saying buy a code.
5th April 2014, 10:09 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by boomboomer

Search and read, there is no free sim unlock anymore. Hundreds of identical threads all saying buy a code.

Hey everyone, I have managed to unlock my phone with a paid service that gives you a network operator code, but I have backed up my efs folder before and after unlocking, where can I provide these folders for the good people of xda to use so they can produce other unlockers?
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread