Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,115 Members 51,776 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sim Unlock Codes - How?

Tip us?

BPate
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Calculator [Q] Sim Unlock Codes - How?

Let me just start off by saying I have tried everything (free) under the sun to unlock my S3 (I9300). I have learnt more in the last 2 days about my phone than I have in the past 2 years of owning it. From rooting and trying unlock apps to downgrading and trying the service mode glitch, I've tried it. It is more of a quest at this point. I would have paid to unlock it by now if it wasn't for my stubbornness.

From what I understand, since I am on version 4.3 and have EFS v2 (with no EFS v1 backup), there is no way to network unlock my phone without getting an unlock code from my network or a website, both of which require payment.

I can understand how the network is able to get an unlock code but what I don't understand is how various websites can 'calculate' unlock codes for my device, especially without the device at hand.

In theory, why can't I calculate the unlock codes myself? If I can, how?

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 690
No, codes aren't calculated -they come from a database that you can't access. Give up and buy a code.
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.