Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,805,161 Members 52,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which is the most simple custom rom based on stock 4.1.2

Tip us?

Zordak7
Old
(Last edited by Zordak7; 1st September 2014 at 06:16 AM.)
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] Which is the most simple custom rom based on stock 4.1.2

I have CyanogenMod 10.2.0, and I'm very happy whit it, but one of its little issues is it doesn't support HDMI output whit the adapter.
So, using the dual boot option in googy max kernel, I want to flash a rom (and has to be android 4.1.2), essencially just for that. Some time ago I flash the Omega rom, but couldn't make the camera work, despite of the app I used.
Which custom rom is the simpliest (is that a word?? ), smooth, stable and -camera fully functional- ?? I'm sure there's a lot, and don't want to start an eternal debate, just a short list, please

Thanks in advance.

Edit: just realiced this goes in Galaxy SIII Q&A forum, sorry for that, how can I move it?

shephart
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordak7 View Post
I have CyanogenMod 10.2.0, and I'm very happy whit it, but one of its little issues is it doesn't support HDMI output whit the adapter.
So, using the dual boot option in googy max kernel, I want to flash a rom (and has to be android 4.1.2), essencially just for that. Some time ago I flash the Omega rom, but couldn't make the camera work, despite of the app I used.
Which custom rom is the simpliest (is that a word?? ), smooth, stable and -camera fully functional- ?? I'm sure there's a lot, and don't want to start an eternal debate, just a short list, please

Thanks in advance.

Edit: just realiced this goes in Galaxy SIII Q&A forum, sorry for that, how can I move it?
Try Blekota rom with S5 look. Install Boeffla Beta 3 kernel too .. Or install clean QS Port. With boeffla kernel.

Zordak7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by shephart View Post
Try Blekota rom with S5 look. Install Boeffla Beta 3 kernel too .. Or install clean QS Port. With boeffla kernel.
Finally I chose the Gorgoid v 2.7a ROM.
Camera didn't work, again

Beoffla kernel support dual boot?

Thanks!

gabyif
Old
Thanks Meter 148
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zordak7 View Post

Thanks in advance.

Did you tried Neat rom or ArchiDroid, these are the best stock based roms out there

Sent from my GT-I9300 powered by ArchiDroid+ArchiKernel
Press THANKS if I helped you

ROM:ArchiDroid 1.7.18
KERNEL:Boeffla Kernel 5.3 beta 3
The Following User Says Thank You to gabyif For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Zordak7
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by gabyif View Post
Did you tried Neat rom or ArchiDroid, these are the best stock based roms out there

Sent from my GT-I9300 powered by ArchiDroid+ArchiKernel
Ok, I haven't tried those, I'll give them a try

Thanks!

But I am tempted to believe it's a kernel issue. anyone know if that could be the problem?