XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Sluggish Rooted devices

Tip us?

Num43
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Sluggish Rooted devices

I rooted and replaced the rom on 2 international 16gb Galaxy S3's and now they are VERY sluggish to use.

I rooted using the S3 ToolKit, I created a backup with CW Recovery, did a full wipe and installed Android Revolution HD 40 on both devices and after that they started working really slowly, mostly after I turn the screen off and wait a while.

When I turn the screen back on it takes several seconds to turn back up and other simple uses are very slow.

I tried several other ROM's but the result is the same so far.

Did this on 2 Galaxy S3's so I think I bricked something along the way I just don't know what, rooting backing up and flashing a new ROM went without a hiccup

Nokia 5800-->HTC Desire-->HTC One X----->Galaxy S3(HoX broke)----->Htc One X+
Nexus 7

JellyYogurt
Old
Thanks Meter 165
Quote:
Originally Posted by Num43 View Post
I rooted and replaced the rom on 2 international 16gb Galaxy S3's and now they are VERY sluggish to use.

I rooted using the S3 ToolKit, I created a backup with CW Recovery, did a full wipe and installed Android Revolution HD 40 on both devices and after that they started working really slowly, mostly after I turn the screen off and wait a while.

When I turn the screen back on it takes several seconds to turn back up and other simple uses are very slow.

I tried several other ROM's but the result is the same so far.

Did this on 2 Galaxy S3's so I think I bricked something along the way I just don't know what, rooting backing up and flashing a new ROM went without a hiccup
How long have u been using the phone? Try clearing data then cache and dalvik as i know the forum for android revolution hd did not ask to clear any thing.

Sent from my GT-I9300.
Give a thank if i helped you.

boomboomer
Old
Thanks Meter 556
Early versions of 4.3 are slower on wake up, MK6 is better. Phone goes into deeper sleep so uses less battery. If you have problems when the phone is awake then full wipe and flash latest stock rom to test.

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
Note: This quote doesn't automatically apply to everyone, decide for yourself if it might apply to you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by justruss View Post

What has this place become?

It's essentially a few people graciously answering the same repeating of immature, lazy, demanding questions from the masses.

Nobody searches. Nobody reads the first posts or titles of threads. Nobody even looks at posts a couple above their own.

Num43
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
I did a full wipe, including everything.

I see, I switched all my devices to 4.3 and only the samsung phones are having issues...I will try it and see.

Nokia 5800-->HTC Desire-->HTC One X----->Galaxy S3(HoX broke)----->Htc One X+
Nexus 7
Tags
s3 rooted sluggish