Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

Smart stay icon doesn't appear

OP boosha

20th May 2014, 06:52 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Smart stay icon doesn't appear on status bar .... i have installed many roms and there is nothing but on lock screen when make a ripple effect to unlock screen i noticed that it appear for a 2 or 3 seconds and then disappeared ,,, can any one help me, Please

Sorry for bad English
22nd May 2014, 05:38 AM   |  #2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Any help ,,,, Please ?
22nd May 2014, 08:51 AM   |  #3  
chrismast's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Bangkok
Thanks Meter: 445
 
1,945 posts
Join Date:Joined: Dec 2007
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosha

Any help ,,,, Please ?

Could you give more information like what rom (Samsung TW or AOSP etc.), kernel, did you activate smart stay in settings etc.
23rd May 2014, 03:32 AM   |  #4  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
I tried many roms on my galaxy S3 of course these roms is Samsung TW , i know that AOSP doesn't has this feature ,, but i noticed something that smart stay icon appear normally when i activate it in Smartdroid rom only this rom but other roms not ,, and since our awesome developers ported kitkat on S3 i tried it from (Preview 1 to 5) but i didn't see the icon , and kernel i often use Yank kernel or boeffla kernel ,,, Sorry for bad English.
24th May 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #5  
RazorMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SiN CiTY
Thanks Meter: 65
 
292 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosha

I tried many roms on my galaxy S3 of course these roms is Samsung TW , i know that AOSP doesn't has this feature ,, but i noticed something that smart stay icon appear normally when i activate it in Smartdroid rom only this rom but other roms not ,, and since our awesome developers ported kitkat on S3 i tried it from (Preview 1 to 5) but i didn't see the icon , and kernel i often use Yank kernel or boeffla kernel ,,, Sorry for bad English.

Is your front camera working fine? Perhaps the service is being killed due to low RAM :s


~ RazorMC
25th May 2014, 06:08 AM   |  #6  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC

Is your front camera working fine? Perhaps the service is being killed due to low RAM :s


~ RazorMC

Yes, it's working flawlessly and i taking pics with it and always i have at least 250-300 free ram on my galaxy S3 but what the service you taking about it ?

Thanks for your attention
25th May 2014, 10:30 AM   |  #7  
RazorMC's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag SiN CiTY
Thanks Meter: 65
 
292 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by boosha

Yes, it's working flawlessly and i taking pics with it and always i have at least 250-300 free ram on my galaxy S3 but what the service you taking about it ?

Thanks for your attention

Try this:
- set the screen timeout to 15 sec
- Keep looking at the screen (in good lighting)
- if you notice that the screen doesn't turn off after the timeout, then the service is working.

I've had the icon visible all the time but my friend's S3 does not have any icon, yet the service works.


~ RazorMC
26th May 2014, 05:52 AM   |  #8  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3
 
61 posts
Join Date:Joined: Nov 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by RazorMC

Try this:
- set the screen timeout to 15 sec
- Keep looking at the screen (in good lighting)
- if you notice that the screen doesn't turn off after the timeout, then the service is working.

I've had the icon visible all the time but my friend's S3 does not have any icon, yet the service works.


~ RazorMC

I tried as u said then the smart stay icon appear for a second or two then disappeared and the screen didn't turn off that means the service working as u said,, but what's name of this service ?

Sorry for bad English.

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes