Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,737,405 Members 41,932 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Which smartphone should I buy after my SGS3?

Tip us?
 
svetinha
Old
#1  
svetinha's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 89
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: São Paulo
Question [Q] Which smartphone should I buy after my SGS3?

Hi Guys!

I was wondering. I really love my SGS3.
i have CM11 on it and love the hardware, camera, etc.
But it has come that time of year that my carrier needs to keep me as a costumer, and I can get a good discount on a new phone.
But I was wondering, which phone is as good as my s3?
I dont know If i want to just upgrade to s4, i think there are better phones out there, like Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto X. I also read some things about LG G2.

Thank you in advance for the answers
LG G2 16 GB
 
drdax
Old
#2  
drdax's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 82
Posts: 370
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Chesterfield
I'm the same, after looking at a few phones I've opted for the Note 3. Larger screen, plenty power, 3GB ram...most have only 2GB.
Hopefully quite future proofed.


Sent from my GT-I9300 using Tapatalk
_________

Galaxy Note 3 :
Assassin v4
_________________________________
Galaxy TAB 7" 1 AOKP Rom /CM11 1.4GHz and Tab 3 7" on stock rooted.

The Following User Says Thank You to drdax For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
amirTor
Old
(Last edited by amirTor; 28th January 2014 at 07:50 PM.)
#3  
amirTor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 365
Posts: 402
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetinha View Post
Hi Guys!

I was wondering. I really love my SGS3.
i have CM11 on it and love the hardware, camera, etc.
But it has come that time of year that my carrier needs to keep me as a costumer, and I can get a good discount on a new phone.
But I was wondering, which phone is as good as my s3?
I dont know If i want to just upgrade to s4, i think there are better phones out there, like Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto X. I also read some things about LG G2.

Thank you in advance for the answers
If Sumsang proceeds with its current agenda- zone restricted devices, unique & unfriendly developers-support CPUs, and low-quality releases + weighty stock roms, I don't see any reason to prefer Samsung over other companies...

The S3 is a great device, and the huge developers community will ensure its relevance for long time.
Anyway- I think that the Xperia Z1 is the most attractive device for now: Powerful and very common chipset, water & dust proof, heavy-duty battery, AWESOME CAMERA, very clean stock rom, nice screen, fancy look & feel, and extendable SD up to 64Gb
The Following User Says Thank You to amirTor For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
aldrinmcmie
Old
#4  
aldrinmcmie's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 93
Posts: 252
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Jeddah
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetinha View Post
Hi Guys!

I was wondering. I really love my SGS3.
i have CM11 on it and love the hardware, camera, etc.
But it has come that time of year that my carrier needs to keep me as a costumer, and I can get a good discount on a new phone.
But I was wondering, which phone is as good as my s3?
I dont know If i want to just upgrade to s4, i think there are better phones out there, like Nexus 5 or Motorola Moto X. I also read some things about LG G2.

Thank you in advance for the answers
Nexus 5
The Following User Says Thank You to aldrinmcmie For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]
 
svetinha
Old
#5  
svetinha's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 89
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: São Paulo
Thanks @amirTor, @drdax and @aldrinmcmie !!!
I think i'm going with the G2. Tomorrow i'll go to my carrier. I just don't like the LG UI But I found some costum roms, like PA and CM
The z1 option its really good as well! But the nexus 5, though with 4.4 and being a Nexus lacks of a great camera and battery life as I have read (also it just got here in brazil this week, so the'll put the price really high)

LG G2 16 GB
 
amirTor
Old
#6  
amirTor's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter 365
Posts: 402
Join Date: Jan 2014
Quote:
Originally Posted by svetinha View Post
Thanks @amirTor, @drdax and @aldrinmcmie !!!
I think i'm going with the G2. Tomorrow i'll go to my carrier. I just don't like the LG UI But I found some costum roms, like PA and CM
The z1 option its really good as well! But the nexus 5, though with 4.4 and being a Nexus lacks of a great camera and battery life as I have read (also it just got here in brazil this week, so the'll put the price really high)

Nice choice but make sure to take the 32Gb model, because no extended sd.
 
svetinha
Old
#7  
svetinha's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 89
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: São Paulo
Quote:
Originally Posted by amirTor View Post
Nice choice but make sure to take the 32Gb model, because no extended sd.
sh**t! This is a bad thing! I don't know if we have the 32gb in brazil.
Oh well, I'll search for it
LG G2 16 GB
 
guimas
Old
#8  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 4
Posts: 18
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Porto Alegre
I think best cost-benefit option in Brazil right now is the Moto X. I like the Nexus 5 too, but it's more expensive. If you don't mind the buttons in the back (I don't think I would adapt to that), the LG G2 seems a good option too.
 
gustrastrenoi
Old
#9  
Junior Member
Thanks Meter 0
Posts: 1
Join Date: May 2013
Angry S5

Wait for the S5, it comes out either in march or June 2014.
it has an aluminium body and better MP camera with more cool features.
google is your friend.
 
svetinha
Old
#10  
svetinha's Avatar
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 15
Posts: 89
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: São Paulo
Thanks to all of you!!
I'm buying the G2...
I've seen some reviews, watched some videos and my carrier made a good discount on the phone!
Also, I can install the current CM that I have on my SGS3.


Sent from my GT-I9300 using xda app-developers app
LG G2 16 GB

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes