Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,807,045 Members 38,133 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Soft Keys ( Back and Home ) - not working like before

Tip us?

xeinebiu
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Unhappy [Q] Soft Keys ( Back and Home ) - not working like before

Hi Guys ...
For couple of weeks i am having an problem with my soft keys ... when i restart or power off my phone and then turn on , the soft keys of S3 dont light up and dont work ... when i make an several restarts of phone sometimes they work untlin i have to turn off my phone again ...
i have reflashed an stock rom and still same problem ...
now i am on deodexed rom from Alexandr . the android version is 4.3 , and it is rooted too ...
my kernel is boeffla 5.2 stable version but i dont think the problem is with kernel because i have flashed stock kernel and the same problem with soft keys is there ... any suggestion guys ?

tallman43
Old
Thanks Meter 339
Quote:
Originally Posted by xeinebiu View Post
Hi Guys ...
For couple of weeks i am having an problem with my soft keys ... when i restart or power off my phone and then turn on , the soft keys of S3 dont light up and dont work ... when i make an several restarts of phone sometimes they work untlin i have to turn off my phone again ...
i have reflashed an stock rom and still same problem ...
now i am on deodexed rom from Alexandr . the android version is 4.3 , and it is rooted too ...
my kernel is boeffla 5.2 stable version but i dont think the problem is with kernel because i have flashed stock kernel and the same problem with soft keys is there ... any suggestion guys ?
Sorry to state the obvious but if you have tried flashing different roms and kernels then there is only one logical option it can be and that is hardware problem.

I don't think there is any miracle software problem here just a trip to the service center....

(1) First rule of flashing roms BACK UP YOU EFS!!
(2) 2nd Rule of flashing roms SEE 1ST RULE!!

(3) EFS Issue look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/gala...uding-t2393289
(4) Rescue Firmware look here >> http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...35&postcount=6